UK Metro
Apr 20, 2005 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

odaen

New Head-Fier
Did anyone read that article in the Metro today about 'Hi-Fi Headphones"

They recommended the Sennheiser 555, Beyer Dynamic XT 880, Bose TriCrap, and some random Sony as well as MoS 1003.

Maybe I should send them a clue in the way of a link to head-fi. ;p

Apr 20, 2005 at 9:38 PM Post #3 of 11
It was of slight interest but not much.

It was only an a4 sheet worth
tongue.gif

Apr 20, 2005 at 11:19 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by odaen
Did anyone read that article in the Metro today about 'Hi-Fi Headphones"

They recommended the Sennheiser 555, Beyer Dynamic XT 880, Bose TriCrap, and some random Sony as well as MoS 1003.

Maybe I should send them a clue in the way of a link to head-fi. ;p

I've read it - the guy didn't have a clue
smily_headphones1.gif
. Send them a link!

Cheers

Alex

Apr 21, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #7 of 11
They do have a web page metro but could not see the article. My office kept a copy for me yesterday due to the headphone piece
eek.gif

Best buy was Beyer DTX 800
Best Sound was Bose Triport

The company who supplied the headphones to them does not seem to actually sell any headphones!!!

Apr 21, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #9 of 11
I've not heard of Metro but it sounds like the review was dodgy in terms of content and advice. Another UK mag, What Hi-fi?, did a review of many headphones in the most recent issue. It was written ok, and compared a few headphones for about £20-60 suitable for ipoders. They basically raved about the px100's and akg k24p's and gave them five stars. They said the px100's had good bass and were well made, but the k24p's had better detail. They also liked the shure e2c's (four stars) but said they're not for everyone, and they hated the sony mdr-ex71sl's (two stars) saying, I think, that they had no midrange and a one note bass.

Apr 21, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #10 of 11
Missed this one...Not that i read the metro.

Fr_eak, would that be a Nottingham uni hopper bus! That would make you 1 out of 3 known headfiers at Nottingham uni. Me, Viper_45 and you. What course/year you on?

Amit

Apr 21, 2005 at 10:32 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by damitamit
Missed this one...Not that i read the metro.

Fr_eak, would that be a Nottingham uni hopper bus! That would make you 1 out of 3 known headfiers at Nottingham uni. Me, Viper_45 and you. What course/year you on?

Amit

hey, damitamit, yes, in the uni hopper bus!!

sooo great !!! PM me to talk so we can chat and meet!
orphsmile.gif
so cool!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back