UK Meet Anyone?
Jul 18, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #151 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnerH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Are you coming?
2. Are you staying over?
3. Budget?
4. Music tastes/atmosphere (I need to know this so I can direct people to the right places in the evening)
5. Availability to come, as in when can you do the meet up. ie.: From such n such date to such n such date.
6. Silly question but...Weekend or no...

1. Yes
2. I live in Manchester and may be able to accomodate 1-2 people at my place.
3. Nothing too extravagant.
4. Good music will be a bonus, but I'm not too bothered. Matt and Phreds if there's a good band on that night?
5. I should be available during most weekends but I won't know my Aug/Sept schedule until next week.
6. Weekend please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herandu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mind you, the Manchester Hilton is dirt cheap.

I expected it to be quite expensive. How much is a room there?

Jul 19, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #152 of 294
JohnerH, these are my preferences for a Manchester meet-
1. Yes.
2. Live in Manchester but in the process of moving, so may be able to have someone stay over.
3. If it's cheap then I'm cheerful.
4. Ragga nite at The King gets my vote.
5. Anytime over summer.
6. Anytime.

Thanks by the way for offering to host, very kind of you. Quite brave to open your house to a load of headphone freaks for a day!

Though it's still not in stone that the meet has to be in Manchester. If anyone has other ideas feel free to offer them. If the meet is in Scotland it would be quite easy for Scandinavians (Ryanair) to come over, in London people from other parts of Europe (Easyjet) . Just an idea.

Jul 19, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #153 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnerH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Are you coming?
2. Are you staying over?
3. Budget?
4. Music tastes/atmosphere (I need to know this so I can direct people to the right places in the evening)
5. Availability to come, as in when can you do the meet up. ie.: From such n such date to such n such date.
6. Silly question but...Weekend or no...

1. YES!
2. Probably not. Maybe? Or I'll catch a late train down to London after the meet.
3. Haven't thought about this, but I don't think it will be a problem.
4. Anything apart from death metal
wink.gif

5. Preferably last week of August until 13th September. Will have to confirm closer to the date.
6. No preference.

Jul 20, 2007 at 7:16 AM Post #154 of 294
Jul 21, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #156 of 294
Hi

Yes I built it my self, have another 1 to build if any one is after one.

John

Jul 31, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #158 of 294
Hi

May be diyAudio, headwize and head-fi etc should get together and organize a meet once maybe twice a year.

It was only because i also posted on headwize that a guy who build another head amp went to the event, the organizers hadnt. About 40 of the 100 that said they would turned up on the sat and about 30 on the sunday.

John

Aug 1, 2007 at 9:23 AM Post #159 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has this died?

No it hasn't. I just got net back in my new place so I can begin to sort all this out.....just bear with me...

Aug 1, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #161 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has this died?

I hope not. I just received my rota for the next 4 months and it's pretty insane, but I should have a few days off and some nights to myself every now and then. Hopefully I'll be free for whichever date the meet is being planned for.

Aug 16, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #162 of 294
You can add the Sennheiser HD650 onto the list of equipment I'll be bringing
smily_headphones1.gif

I just need a good amp, and some kick ass digital coax interconnect and I think I'll be done!

JohnerH: Is there any aspect of this meet that I can help organising? I am happy to do the administrative work required to make this meet happen.

Aug 17, 2007 at 8:54 AM Post #163 of 294
Right guys, depending on the number of people that are actually coming (which I don't really know yet, as I haven't received that many pm's) I could possibly fit everyone in my place. I could be tight but then again, with a few sleeping bags, it beats paying for lodging.

The meet it self would be held at mine, people could hook everything up, have it stored in a safe place at night and not worry about lousy hotel rooms...

Let me know what you think guys...

Aug 17, 2007 at 10:56 AM Post #164 of 294
I think we just need to pick a date or two and take votes on them. JohnerH how many people do we have at the moment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back