UK Highstreet Store to try Sennheisers?
Jan 16, 2006 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

eddycha

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys

Im wondering if anyone knows of a highstreet store that stocks sennheisers so that I can try out two pairs and compare.

In particular the pmx100 and the pmx200. I know they are based on the px100 and px200 ones but i want to know which sounds the best. I've heard the px100 do but i like the closed headphone idea to block ambient noise and so ppl cant hear what im listening to.

Does anyone have any experience with the pmx models to say whether they are different in any way to the px (except for the headband) or could suggest which to get.

UK online prices are £25 and £30 respectively

Ed

Jan 16, 2006 at 11:32 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddycha
Hey Guys

Im wondering if anyone knows of a highstreet store that stocks sennheisers so that I can try out two pairs and compare.

In particular the pmx100 and the pmx200. I know they are based on the px100 and px200 ones but i want to know which sounds the best. I've heard the px100 do but i like the closed headphone idea to block ambient noise and so ppl cant hear what im listening to.

Does anyone have any experience with the pmx models to say whether they are different in any way to the px (except for the headband) or could suggest which to get.

UK online prices are £25 and £30 respectively

Ed

Try the apple stores, I tried some px100 and 200 last week!

Jan 16, 2006 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 9
The PMX series is available in Selfridges (I bought mine there) but I'm not sure if they will allow you to take them out of the blister just to try them.

Good luck.

Jan 16, 2006 at 12:32 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad
The PMX series is available in Selfridges (I bought mine there) but I'm not sure if they will allow you to take them out of the blister just to try them.

Good luck.

Hey, which ones did you get? What do you think of them? Any impressions would be good. I'll check out an apple store soon and any of the others i can get to.

Thanks guys

Jan 16, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #7 of 9
Im from Bath. I think i might just go ahead and risk it with the pmx200. the amazon reviews bode well and i just hope i get a good seal as i really want good bass and no sound leakage. it will be hit and miss but the sound isolation is pretty key as i dont want to have to play it quiet so no1 hears. plus i dont want to hear anyone else.

i might hit an apple store in bath and see if they have them first tho. im on a timescale thats all cos i want them for my ski trip (travelling on a bus to france) in under 2 weeks so want it for that

Jan 16, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddycha
Hey, which ones did you get? What do you think of them? Any impressions would be good. I'll check out an apple store soon and any of the others i can get to.

Thanks guys

I've got the PMX100 as I always liked the PX100. I'm not giving impressions yet as I didn't use them much yet. I'll write something about them as soon as they get a few hours of use.

All I can say is that they seem to sound pretty good. They are less warm/dark/bassy than my PX100. I still don't know if this is because burn-in or because the use of aluminium (aluminum if you prefer) on the coil, instead of copper.

Cheers!

Jan 16, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #9 of 9
2nd the Apple store . but the background noise is too high to test well.

Try any HiFi shop, most carry the 100 and 200 as they are good sellers

R
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back