UK Head Fi-ers - how much did you pay for your HD650's?
Feb 20, 2009 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

indie_big_wig

New Head-Fier
After much deliberation I've decided to go for a pair of HD650s and the new Audio gd Compass DAC/AMP
L3000.gif
, but the current price of HD650's on Amazon is currently going a bit bonkers.

3 and a bit weeks ago they were £180 and since then they've gone up in £20 stages to £250 (yesterday) down to £240 today.

Due to our economy going down the proverbial sh!tter at the moment I'm trying to work out whether the price fluctuations are due to this or if the £180 was just a very low price for a short time and its unlikely to be back down to that anytime soon and if they've resettled at a more realistic price. I've got a £500 budget so I'm trying to get them for £200.

So if you could help and say how much you paid for them and when I'd be most grateful.

Thanks

Dom.

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ebay number: 250372546994

new, total of £220

i can vouch for the seller, as i have bought two pairs of phones from him

Is that Electromonster on ebay. Quite nice chap, even I have bought two pairs from him. He used to sell them for £179.99 shipped but now the price seems to have gone up everywhere.

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by vkvedam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that Electromonster on ebay. Quite nice chap, even I have bought two pairs from him. He used to sell them for £179.99 shipped but now the price seems to have gone up everywhere.

the very one, i have sent the OP some additional links with even cheaper prices, so hope he gets to pay not over the odds in the end
beerchug.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by noremedy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its because of the HD800's, people think they can jack up the HD650 price.

yeah i guesss, sad isnt it, kind of ride on the news of their new flagship, the opposite should start to happen in the not too distant future after HD800 release.........or will it?
ph34r.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am thinking credit crunch, personally.

i hear what you are saying, but thats kind of ironic, if they actually want to sell any, surely if the price goes up, then punters wont pay those prices, if its due to the credit crunch

you are right though, i think its both reasons mentioned combined.
frown.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by vkvedam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also bought from Electromonster @ £179.99 over 1 year ago. The current price hike is disgusting. What are Sennheiser playing at?

Feb 20, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #14 of 18
Cool cheers for all your help.

I'm about to go on holiday to SE Asia for 5 weeks so it sounds like I should monitor the price whilst I'm away as I'd be paying over the odds at the moment and if it hasn't dropped by then I'll just have to get it anyways
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the very one, i have sent the OP some additional links with even cheaper prices, so hope he gets to pay not over the odds in the end
beerchug.gif

hi Quaddy, do those sites ship to australia ?
if so i would be very interested as well
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back