UK 2012 LONDON --LOCAL MEETS!
Apr 19, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #16 of 48
Im in canary wharf till the end of june, then im in NW london around Harrow. Wont be able to make it if its in july/august

Jack over at hisoundaudio has offered to send me a few IEMs for a givaway to people coming to any london meet in exchange for being a "sponsor", so give me a shout when a date is decided and ill tell him.

Apr 19, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #17 of 48

Quote:
Im in canary wharf till the end of june, then im in NW london around Harrow. Wont be able to make it if its in july/august

Jack over at hisoundaudio has offered to send me a few IEMs for a givaway to people coming to any london meet in exchange for being a "sponsor", so give me a shout when a date is decided and ill tell him.

That will definitely get some more people interested in coming

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #19 of 48
Sounds like we've definitely got some interest.  5-10 of us already and likely more by the time it happens.

Akash, are you organising something, or were you just seeing if there's interest?  It would be good to agree on a date so we can start looking for venues.  Happy to help out if I can.

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #22 of 48

Quote:
Sounds like we've definitely got some interest.  5-10 of us already and likely more by the time it happens.

Akash, are you organising something, or were you just seeing if there's interest?  It would be good to agree on a date so we can start looking for venues.  Happy to help out if I can.

Hi Fragmentedgod and all,

I don't specifically have a venue yet, but as there is alot of interest, I'm happy to start looking for venues with all of your help...:))

Initially I started the thread just to see how much interest there would be...

Where would most people prefer as a venue?

I don't mind Central London, as I work near Warren St. only on Wed / Fridays.

Ideally North West London would be ideal for me... its just my view

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #24 of 48
I think the biggest issue is accessibility more than location.  Someplace fairly central is likely the best option.  I'm in north london, which makes it sound like north west london would be easy to get to, but there are really odd transport links between the areas.  Often I have to get a tube to oxford circus and then head back up on the bakerloo line to get there (which can be done :) ).

Apr 23, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #25 of 48

Quote:
I think the biggest issue is accessibility more than location.  Someplace fairly central is likely the best option.  I'm in north london, which makes it sound like north west london would be easy to get to, but there are really odd transport links between the areas.  Often I have to get a tube to oxford circus and then head back up on the bakerloo line to get there (which can be done :) ).

same conditions as me.

My other concern is that venues in central london may be quite expensive to hire out

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #26 of 48

Quote:

Quote:

same conditions as me.

My other concern is that venues in central london may be quite expensive to hire out

Yes I agree with both of you!

Apr 23, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #27 of 48
Regarding the venue, I got a message a while ago when this was being discussed in the September meet thread with suggestions.  Apparently some guys have had them at the Counting House pub on Cornhill in Bank, which is a pretty central location so should be easy enough for people to get to. The rooms that they've rented before only cost £20.  Good place to start looking anyway!

I would need to work out how to get my stuff down there.  The main thing is the amp, because it's got valves.  I could probably remove them and transport the amp and the valves separately.  I'm sure lots of people have found clever ways to transport much more difficult stuff!  May is looking pretty busy for me but June should be ok.  The earlier we can agree on a date the better for everyone I expect.

May 4, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #28 of 48
This hasn't got very far lol

I was going to say though, if we managed to work out a place, we could do something like smial1966 has done on the other thread I could try to get contact companies to send us stuff to try out at the meet.

May 30, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #30 of 48
Hey there! I would definitely come. I would bring my PRO900 (XB700 and stock pads), I should be getting my Little Dot I+ and a bunch of tubes this week. Could bring Atrio's and CKS77 (if I get them back...), as well E10 and Zo2.3. (I am pretty sure I will fit everything in the back pack).
We need to get this thing going. I think Tottenham Court Road would be a great place to meet! I'm studying part-time at a University there and I am pretty sure that we could get a venue rented out by one of the universities. As well after the meet there are plenty of pubs around, there is even one at the 4Th floor of my uni :D :beerchug:
And there are more than enough places to eat there if anyone gets hungry. Saturday/Sunday would be the best option I think. As I think there will be enough gear for everyone to sample and plenty of topics to cover!
We need to raise awareness of this! Any time towards the end of June would be great as we would still need some time to set everything up!
Hope that everybody replies and things get moving!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back