UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Mar 22, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #76 of 1,381
Am very much up for this. Will only bringing portable audio though, so a mix of DAPs, IEMs and portable cans. I'd give you specifics, but to be honest my inventory will be completely different by September! 2 things I'll be sure to have however (other than my CIEM) will be my Cowon J3 and Aurisonics ASG-1, which by then will no doubt be modified into the dual driver ASG-2.

I've been looking for a UK event like this since joining Head-fi....

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #77 of 1,381
Nulliverse,

You are most welcome to attend and will have a great time auditioning different gear and chatting to fellow enthusiasts.

Meeting venue update...

I visited the village hall this afternoon and it's great. There is onsite parking for 40+ vehicles and the hall is spacious with ample tables and chairs. There are also twelve double wall sockets evenly distributed around the hall, so with a few distribution blocks there should be enough electrical sockets.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 23, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #79 of 1,381
More exciting equipment news..

I'm in conversation with Louis Motek of www.lessloss.com to borrow a Laminar Streamer for our meet, which will probably be a UK exclusive as this product hasn't been released yet. When I first mooted the idea to Louis he said "I would love to do this". Louis is a true enthusiast and audio innovator so check out the LessLoss website if you're unaware of the brand. 

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 23, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #80 of 1,381
Budget equipment news...

Cost conscious audiophiles will be pleased to know that there will be a Matrix Rip USB dac 24bit 96khz headphone amplifier at the meet. 

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 23, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #81 of 1,381
Had somehow missed this thread, thanks for organising Smaial. Potentially up for it, but would have to see what was going on closer to the date. Assuming I can make it, I'd be able to bring along Stax SR-303, beyerdynamic ET1000 and DT1350 and the "Yamalux" mod of the Yamaha HP-1 again, and anything else I'd picked up along the way since then.

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #82 of 1,381
EddieE

Thanks for posting and you're most welcome to attend the meet with your gear.

Raising the meet profile is challenging as there are so many active threads on head-fi and maintaining prominence in the `Recent Head-Fi Activity' section requires regular message posting. I posted a message last night and watched it move down the rankings and disappear from the recent activity panel within 5 minutes.  

So keep posting regularly guys!

Cheers,

Andy.  

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #83 of 1,381
You could add my Sony Discman D11 PCDP to the sources list, it's basic but better than most modern PCDPs and people might want to try it to see if they'd like to pick one up for a fiver on ebay like I did. I'll bring a handful of CDs with it to test it with, and people can either use the headphone out, which can sound a little bright to my ears, depending on the headphones and the (surprisingly decent) bass boost setting, or run the line-out into an amp of their choosing.

The meet is shaping up to be fantastic already, I checked out the venue's website and it looks superb, lovely and scenic as well!

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #84 of 1,381
I'd like to throw the 'Action On Hearing Loss' charity into the hat as an appropriate charity nomination!

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #85 of 1,381
julianbell92

Excellent suggestion for the meet charity.

Bar Hill village hall is adjacent to a recreation ground, hence the expanse of greenery in the website photo. BUT don't be fooled into thinking that your Sat Nav is leading you astray as you drive through a housing estate and into what appears to be a cul de sac, as the village hall is at the end of the road. Do remember to enter the postcode - CB23 8SU  and  171 The Spinney - otherwise you'll end up streets away.

Cheers,

Andy.  

Mar 24, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #86 of 1,381
Raffle related ramblings...

There will be an event raffle with some great prizes. So far Justin (Just Audio) has kindly agreed to donate one of his products and Mark Dolbear (highendworkshop) will likewise donate a headphone. I will bung in a pair of unused headphones and a used but mint condition portable headphone amplifier. Hopefully more prizes will be added as the meet gathers momentum. 

So... is £2 a ticket a fair price to charge for potentially winning some great prizes?

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 24, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #88 of 1,381
£2 a ticket would be great

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #89 of 1,381
Just found this thread...I'd love to come down in September and think £2 is very reasonable.

Only just stepping into head-fi and not sure my kit is high end/rare enough to bring but let me know if you want it anyway.

AKG 701
Grado SR325i
ATH-M50
Sennheiser PX-100
Pro-ject headbox 2

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #90 of 1,381
Dazhead,

For a head-fi newcomer you've amassed some great headphones and are most welcome to attend.

We all started out as newbies at some point, so whether a persons gear is relatively modest or hugely extravagant is immaterial to the meet, as the event is about enthusiasts gathering to try out each others kit and have a great time. 

Cheers,

Andy, 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back