UHA-3 vs Ibasso D2 BOA
Feb 1, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 7
I have been using the Leckerton UHA-3 on an almost daily basis since October, 2007. I can attest that Nick Leckerton provides extremely prompt repair and turn-around service. So far, no service issues with any iBasso that I have owned (knock-on-wood). Check the threads here on iBasso service.

I carry the UHA-3 with my MBP because it is built like a tank and is not flashy. Wall-wart not needed. D2-Boa maybe has the edge in SQ, but just slightly.

I know Ray Samuels is considered the benchmark for service. From my experience, Nick Leckerton is right up there. If service were needed, I know I would rather be shipping to the USA. I suppose the importance of post-purchase service may vary with each individual. As someone said, YMMV.

Feb 2, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #5 of 7
IMO, yes, by a slight margin.

Feb 4, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #7 of 7
I own and use them both with USB out from MacBook Pro. I did get them both for about the same price. Still using both. If you are on a budget, and only plan on buying one, then you have to ask yourself about the importance of after-purchase service. Return shipping to China may not be a happy situation. But I have never had that experience.

Can't tell where you are located. I can say my service experience with Leckerton was prompt and thorough. That may be just relevant to USA customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back