Uh oh....(Ok, I guess its nor THAT bad)
Jul 19, 2004 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

mclaren20

Headphoneus Supremus
Its that time again. This Friday Im going to visit family, and Im FLYING there! I hate flying.
eek.gif
I dont get sick or anything, but I have SERIOUS flying phobia.

Any tips for people with severe paranoia of flying?

Jul 19, 2004 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 31
Canalphones

Jul 19, 2004 at 4:46 AM Post #4 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren20
Its that time again. This Friday Im going to visit family, and Im FLYING there! I hate flying.
eek.gif
I dont get sick or anything, but I have SERIOUS flying phobia.

Any tips for people with severe paranoia of flying?

If it is that bad, go see your doctor and he can prescribe you a few Xanax to take that edge off and help you relax. Works for me.
tongue.gif

Jul 19, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #5 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachary80
Canalphones

I got my e2's ready, but somehow I dont think they will help me that much. Or will they? Can I wear them on the way up without the pressure affecting me?

Jul 19, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #6 of 31
flying is one of the safest ways to travel. nothing to worry about.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 19, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #7 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman
If it is that bad, go see your doctor and he can prescribe you a few Xanax to take that edge off and help you relax. Works for me.
tongue.gif

How does Valium work? My druggest suggested it, but Im a little hesitant.

Jul 19, 2004 at 5:04 AM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

I got my e2's ready, but somehow I dont think they will help me that much. Or will they? Can I wear them on the way up without the pressure affecting me?

Honestly, I don't know. I am buying my E2s for my multiple flights tomorrow. What I do know is that it will take your mind off flying (especially if you close your eyes) which will probably help you out. Maybe make you feel at home even.

I wouldn't be surprised if you had to take them out once or twice to pop your ears.

Jul 19, 2004 at 5:16 AM Post #10 of 31
Stay awake for the takeoff, it's the coolest part. Take comfy stuff on the plane like blankets etc, and relax while listening to music. The Shures will help you with the engine noise headache you'll get otherwise. I find the world really looks pretty at 33,500 feet. Kinda repetitive after 13.5 hours though. Take things to amuse the mind..

Jul 19, 2004 at 5:20 AM Post #11 of 31
mclaren20, all I can say is get a window seat, I found that if I'm in an interior seat away from the window I become quite nervous and stressed since I can't see what's going on whenever the plane does something I don't like (which in my case is just it flying at all). I'm a bit clausterphobic and probably the plane I liked most is the 767 if I'm sitting in the seats that are not in the center of the plane (hopefully you know what I'm referring to) since even an aisle seat in those seats still gives a view out the window and you only have one person sitting next to you and even the center seats on that plane aren't too bad. 737s and 757s aren't too bad either but sitting in the absolute center seat on a 777 is no fun at all, very clausterphobic and unpleasant. I hate flying too, to me it is not at all enjoyable and it is generally a nerve-wracking experience, and the needless "security" crap in the airports certainly does nothing to help make me look forward to going on a plane trip which thankfully I rarely do.

Jul 19, 2004 at 5:59 AM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

How does Valium work? My druggest suggested it, but Im a little hesitant.

Valium/Xanax work basically the same way by reducing anxiety through a mild sedating effect. Don't worry, it won't knock you out or anything. The doctor would most likely prescribe a low dose to just help relax you.

Jul 19, 2004 at 6:21 AM Post #14 of 31
If your doc prescribes you too much, however, you might be a bit of a vulcan for that bit of your trip
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back