uh, Metal Detection-Fi? Go, Bill Wyman!
Apr 17, 2007 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Jahn

Headphoneus Supremus Prolificus
Apr 17, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 23
nice find! bill wyman, the most ancient (and my favorite!) stone of all at 71. looks like his second greatest work, next to the fretless electric bass.
wink.gif

edit: lol, signature metal detector.
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 23
That's bloody awesome. The site states that he's had much success as a treasure hunter. I wonder what kind of stuff he's found?

I do recall a story a few years ago, about a man in the UK who dug in his backyard, only to find a small cache of ancient Roman coins worth an absolute fortune. It's out there for the curious (and dedicated... and lucky!).

Apr 17, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #5 of 23
Apr 17, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's bloody awesome. The site states that he's had much success as a treasure hunter. I wonder what kind of stuff he's found?

I do recall a story a few years ago, about a man in the UK who dug in his backyard, only to find a small cache of ancient Roman coins worth an absolute fortune. It's out there for the curious (and dedicated... and lucky!).

yes, it looks like a fun hobby. if only metal detectors weren't sound dependent... then it would be an absolutely perfect excuse to bust out the portable rig.

Apr 17, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, it looks like a fun hobby. if only metal detectors weren't sound dependent... then it would be an absolutely perfect excuse to bust out the portable rig.

Y-splitter. 2 inputs, one from the detector, other from your portable source. Y-adapter goes into your amp, then to your cans.

Guaranteed to have the highest fidelity detector beeping away while you rock out to the Stones in the background!

Apr 17, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #10 of 23
that actually might be quite trippy. anyone for a K1000/Sonic-T/Bill Wyman Signature Metal Detector rig?
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #12 of 23
another cool idea would be one channel for music, one for metal detector. i have a pair of earbuds that do this, but were made for listening to music in one ear and learning french in the other. the first person who makes a metal detector/portable rig and posts pics wins the prize. the prize? i dunno yet.

Apr 18, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that actually might be quite trippy. anyone for a K1000/Sonic-T/Bill Wyman Signature Metal Detector rig?
smily_headphones1.gif

i think something more along these lines would better suit the k1k while using a metal detector as a source.
click for reccomended amp
it does have wheels... you would just need a long extension cord.

edited:
that auction looks like a scam, but it would be sweet if it werent. i could run my $125 hp1000 from a $1000 $10000amp...

Apr 18, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the first person who makes a metal detector/portable rig and posts pics wins the prize. the prize? i dunno yet.

they can detect and keep their own prizes.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 18, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think something more along these lines would better suit the k1k while using a metal detector as a source.
click for reccomended amp
it does have wheels... you would just need a long extension cord.

edited:
that auction looks like a scam, but it would be sweet if it werent. i could run my $125 hp1000 from a $1000 $10000amp...

yeah, 99.3% feedback isn't exactly stellar either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they can detect and keep their own prizes.
evil_smiley.gif

i know when i've been bested!
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back