Uh, Blotted Science... (metal)
Mar 9, 2008 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

asmox

Headphoneus Supremus
I guess I've been sleeping under a rock for the past few months, but the Machinations of Dementia thing that Ron Jarzombek started seemingly forever ago was apparently released a few months back. I honestly didn't think it would ever be completed with the incessant lineup changes and random delays, but it just arrived in the mail earlier today and it's pretty much
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

It's sort of like Sol Niger Within, Ink Compatible, and Destroy Erase Improve rolled into one - only fully instrumental, considerably heavier, generally more complex, and with that quirky twist that Ron Jarzombek throws into all of his recordings. If any of the above album names mean anything to you, then you should probably pick this up as it's mostly guaranteed to become one of your favorite albums.

This is essentially the album that I thought John Petrucci was capable of when he released Suspended Animation. I was wrong, but thankfully Ron doesn't disappoint anywhere near as often as John does. In fact - having heard a lot of progressive and technical metal, I can say with reasonable honesty that this is among the best and is what I've always thought modern shred *should* be like.

Charlie Zeleny from Behold... the Arctopus on drums; Alex Webster from Cannibal Corpse on bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back