uh, anyone know what "that" carbon fiber laptop that rivals the macbook is?
Mar 20, 2010 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

New Head-Fier
I remember only a few things...it won best design of the year for a laptop, over the macbook pro, in some design magazine like ID...it comes in this nice box and when you open it, it is in a red velvet bag or something like that.
It's over 2000 bucks and carbon fiber design.
Anyone know what this laptop is?

Mar 20, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #3 of 11
If only Mac OSX would just run on those things..

Mar 20, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If only Mac OSX would just run on those things..

They do if you try hard enough.
(I think it does anyway)

Besides, lots of notebooks rival the mac book. For a much lower price too.

Mar 28, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #5 of 11
I wonder if anyone has an X or Z series Sony Vaio who cares to comment on what it's like to live with?
confused.gif

Several things put me off. For starters, the GPS function is only available in the US/Canada. Grrrrrr!~!!!!!

The Verizon Wireless connection is also only available in the US and Canada. Double grrrrrr!!!!

Otherwise, it looks like one fantastic little computer. The X Series notebook being around $1500 or so, which is cheaper than a Macbook Air (grossly overpriced and underpowered).

Still sitting on the fence on this one. Realising that Adobe Creative Suite is going to screw me with a 1 licence per computer option, I won't be able to run the same program on my desktop iMac and my (future upgraded) laptop simultaneously. A serious push back towards using Windows again (if only I wasn't so thick, I could use Linux
frown.gif
)

Mar 29, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #8 of 11
You might also be thinking of the Envy 133? although thats really marketed toward the macbook air, not the pro.

Mar 31, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #9 of 11
The macbook pro looks much better than that sony that was linked, IMO. Just not so elegant. And the way they tried to make it look thinner by leaving the bottom part black makes the rest look like a bunch of hype. Just my opinion on the looks only.

Apr 2, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9282 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember only a few things...it won best design of the year for a laptop, over the macbook pro, in some design magazine like ID...it comes in this nice box and when you open it, it is in a red velvet bag or something like that.
It's over 2000 bucks and carbon fiber design.
Anyone know what this laptop is?

+1 on the voodoo envy 133. ive been wanting to track one down and buy it but its been hard. its one of the sexiest laptops ever made. costs a little over $2k for the lower end 1.6ghz one and $2.5k for the higher end 1.8ghz ssd one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back