UGHHH! K-501 pads
Aug 17, 2008 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ciphercomplete

1000+ Head-Fier
Is it possible to order a new pair of K-501 pads from AKG? I have only had mine for about 4 months and are already misshapen and fuzzy looking.

I have heard that the K-601 pads don't have that silly 3-d form factor that the K-701 pads have so they might be what I get if I can't find a direct replacement. I just don't want any pad that is going to change how my favorite cans sound.

Aug 17, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ciphercomplete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it possible to order a new pair of K-501 pads from AKG? I have only had mine for about 4 months and are already misshapen and fuzzy looking.

I have heard that the K-601 pads don't have that silly 3-d form factor that the K-701 pads have so they might be what I get if I can't find a direct replacement. I just don't want any pad that is going to change how my favorite cans sound.

The 601 and 701 pads will change the sound, sorry. You might want to give Frank at AKG a call and see if he has any stock on the pads.

Aug 17, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 4
Thx. Thats what I was afraid of. Even I manage to track down some NOS pads I will just be in the same situation in a half a year or so. I guess I should just choose the least offensive pad between the k701 and k601.

The k-701 pads without the foam insert are ok but the angle of the pads changes the soundstage some. I am very sad right now.

Aug 17, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #4 of 4
I'd be surprised if buying k501 pads were utterly impossible.

Frank either has them in stock, or can get them to you in six months^H^H^H^H^H^Hweeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back