UgHH! I'm sick....
Jan 14, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #31 of 44
I'm dealing with an annoying cough and chest tightness but no fever.

BTW, anything below 101 is not a significant fever.
tongue.gif

Jan 14, 2005 at 2:44 PM Post #32 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by bootman
I'm dealing with an annoying cough and chest tightness but no fever.

BTW, anything below 101 is not a significant fever.
tongue.gif

Good luck! Hope you're feeling better very soon!

Jan 19, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #33 of 44
Last Tuesday morning I had a slighly scratchy throught that was getting a bit worse as the day wore on so i figured i was coming down with something,likely the flu.

so i got my advil supply replenished,purchaseda good cough medicing ans a good decongetanst,some over the counter flu meds,various liquid refreshemnets and prepared to ride it out in style and catching up on some movies and news.
Each day got worse until i could not keep my eyes opent for more than ten minutes at a time and walking ten feet became a big time adventure .Not having any solid food for four days,just could not eat,period,and the fact that i could no longer focus on anything meant my wife was right and it was time to take my butt to the hospital.

I spent 7.5 hours there yesterday doing x-rays and bloodwork plus four IV bags,the doc said I lokked a bit "dry"
icon10.gif
,and two bags of antibiotics,also IV.
Turns out i have pnuemonia and beleive me it is really kicking my a*s.This is my first post in a week and most likely my last today,i need to take my butt back to bed while i can still make it there.

I NEVER get sick.This really sucks and i hate being held down against my will but i can't seem to "will" myself better......YET !

Jan 19, 2005 at 7:40 AM Post #34 of 44
It appears to be time for my yearly sickness. I get sick exactly once a year, it's absolute hell for a week, then I'm fine for 51.

I left work early today, I just couldn't concentrate on anything.

Jan 19, 2005 at 3:29 PM Post #36 of 44
I'm just getting over it as well. rick you are lucky that there were beds in your ER. When I wanted to go to the er, I was told that there were no beds, because admissions were between 180 and 250 per day with this flu! I was sent home with tylenol and meds for the nausea! I was so sick that my daughters (and they are 23 and 25) panicked and called my husband up in south America to tell him that they thought I might be dying! I don't think that I kept down solid food for 4 days. Ofcourse, flu is nowhere close to dead although I wished I was dead at that time. He came home early and was pleasantly surprised to find me as sick as a dog, but not on my deathbed, as I had already turned the corner. Now I am still in bed with bronchitis which despite antibiotics, does not seem to want to let go.

Jan 20, 2005 at 2:43 PM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

Encouraging note to everyone sick:

Stay the hell away from me!

Hehe,not contagious.If I cough on you i would only piss you off and make myself out to be ill mannered but you would be fine
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

I'm just getting over it as well. rick you are lucky that there were beds in your ER. When I wanted to go to the er, I was told that there were no beds, because admissions were between 180 and 250 per day with this flu! I was sent home with tylenol and meds for the nausea! I was so sick that my daughters (and they are 23 and 25) panicked and called my husband up in south America to tell him that they thought I might be dying! I don't think that I kept down solid food for 4 days. Ofcourse, flu is nowhere close to dead although I wished I was dead at that time. He came home early and was pleasantly surprised to find me as sick as a dog, but not on my deathbed, as I had already turned the corner. Now I am still in bed with bronchitis which despite antibiotics, does not seem to want to let go.

yeah,it was full up here to and if i was not so bad off from waiting to long to go,a guy thing according to my wife,they would have treated and threw my behind out the door.
I actually almost ended up in patient but again,due to lack of bedspace they were looking for any excuse to send me home and beleive me,i was willing to give them that excuse.I would rather sleep in the damn woods naked on the bare ground than spend a night in the hospital.
I don't like being told what to do and a REALLY hate being restrained or poked and prodded.

Them-"this won't hurt a bit"

Me-"and exactly how dumb DO I look ?"

Some freakin wanna be nurse in training not able to find a vein that any proper junkie would murder his mother for and then once finding it blow the friggin tip right through the vein and start pumping IV into my arm until it looks like the forearm of Popeye !
Or rooting around for ten minutes to take some blood until i finally say "take the fkn needle out of my arm now or i will do it myself and stick it directly in your eye !"

no.these are not fun things and without exaggeration,if I even just close my hand into a fist every stinking vein from my hands to my shoulder socket pops directly to the surface (years of hard work make for a good oxygen delivery to the extremities) so there is no excuse.None

So any time i can get "thrown out the door" is a good day so my only dealings with the torture crew are then and there and i need not wake up to them too.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Right now i got like 30 PMs which due to not being awake for about a week now (
biggrin.gif
blink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
) I have not gottewn to but it looks like it is time.Should eat up the rest of todays "alert rick" time.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 20, 2005 at 3:03 PM Post #40 of 44
Glad you are feeling better! I am as well. today is the first day where my temperature is normal! But this is one wicked flu-bug. I don't wish it on anyone, except maybe Osama.

Jan 20, 2005 at 3:13 PM Post #41 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
REALLY hate being restrained or poked and prodded

Rick, man feel better - don't know how you dealing with it - after being in a neck brace and on a rescue board for 3 hrs yesterday, I felt really loopy. I really hope you and everyone else either gets better quickly or is visited by semi-naked vegas girls, chippendales or furry pets, whatever your fancy

Jan 20, 2005 at 4:32 PM Post #42 of 44
Quote:

Rick, man feel better - don't know how you dealing with it - after being in a neck brace and on a rescue board for 3 hrs yesterday, I felt really loopy. I really hope you and everyone else either gets better quickly or is visited by semi-naked vegas girls, chippendales or furry pets, whatever your fancy

Neck brace ?

what is the story behind that man ?
i am not exactly up to speed around here and may not catch up for weeks.hope it was just a precaution nad not something serious

Apr 9, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #44 of 44
When I was in Japan 4 years ago, I did not wear a face mask while many people did wear one since it’s the normal part of the culture.

I ended up getting this annoying cold for about 3 days and I think I caught it in the subway.

If I had worn a face mask, I probably would have avoided those subway germs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back