Ugh...iHP-140 almost full!
Nov 24, 2004 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Jeffreybar

100+ Head-Fier
Sigh...I knew this day would come. I mean, I've been pretty slack about putting all my music on here, but I've reached the point where it's no longer even close to a possibility. I have less than 500MB free on my 40GB player, and like 700MB ready to be uploaded...

iRiver needs to hurry up and put out a 60GB player dammit. $600 is way too much for an iPod, even with 60GB of storage, and all the other 60GB players are too physically big.

Nov 24, 2004 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 13
Well, unless you really listen to all of the 40 gigs within a short time period and couldn't rotate files between your DAP and PC, you could always go with the Creative Zen Xtra 60gb, which is only $295 here . Or you could go with the smaller 30 gb version which is under 200 bucks and upgrade the hard drive to and 80gb or higher.

Nov 24, 2004 at 8:29 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB06
Well, unless you really listen to all of the 40 gigs within a short time period and couldn't rotate files between your DAP and PC, you could always go with the Creative Zen Xtra 60gb, which is only $295 here . Or you could go with the smaller 30 gb version which is under 200 bucks and upgrade the hard drive to and 80gb or higher.

I had an Xtra for about a month. I didn't like it very much at all. Besides, it's huge.
wink.gif
2.5" HD-based players are nice capacity-wise, but really the iHP-140 is about as big as I want to go.

Nov 24, 2004 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 13
I have no idea why Apple thinks 600 dollars is peachy for an ipod. But I guess where there is interest there is a way. People will still buy it but I'll tell you it is clearly not worth it.

A 4th gen 40 gb ipod only costed me 330 with a promotion and student discount. Ridiculous Apple. Your products are so EXPENSIVE!

Nov 25, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
There's always music worthy of deleting.
cool.gif

Yup, I was in this same situation with my H120 a bit ago. So, I sat down and got rid of the stuff that I honestly don't listen to. Now, I've got a cool 7gb free. Plus, this gives me breathing room to add newly discovered artists
cool.gif

Out of 37gb, there has to be some stuf on there that you can go without. I know it's hard, bit it can be done!

Nov 25, 2004 at 5:28 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
There's always music worthy of deleting.
cool.gif

Very true...I think I can free up 1-2 gigs by deleting some stuff that i never listen to. Problem is, I still haven't ripped about 75-80 CDs that I actually do listen to and would like to have on my mp3 player, and I'm always getting new music.
wink.gif
Oh well...

Listen to me complain. LOL...a few years ago I would have given my right arm to be able to "only" store like 500 CDs on something the size of a deck of cards.
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2004 at 3:47 PM Post #10 of 13
Yeah, I don't exactly understand it, but I got along quite nicely with a 5Gb iPod for nearly three years, but once I upgraded to 40 Gb, I 'had' to buy a 160 Gb external firewire 'music only' drive to help fill it, and although my CD collection has only grown about 10%, that drive now has only 9 Gb left!
wink.gif

Oh, the good old days!

Nov 26, 2004 at 8:44 AM Post #12 of 13
I second that totally.

Any Mp3 player is fine actually. Get a second one! How much harder could it possibly me? Color code like 5 of those iPods into different music genres : )

Hey, two of them are still smaller than a PCDP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back