UGH - I got robbed
Nov 12, 2013 at 12:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Phishin Phool

500+ Head-Fier
Went out to my car to go to work this am and found it ransacked, they got 3 headphones (AT M50, Sennheiser 380, Skullcandy Aviator) and my Asus tablet. I have android tracker/lojack installed on my tablet so hopefully as soon as they turn it on the the police can get them and just maybe I get my stuff back.

Nov 12, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 9
  Went out to my car to go to work this am and found it ransacked, they got 3 headphones (AT M50, Sennheiser 380, Skullcandy Aviator) and my Asus tablet. I have android tracker/lojack installed on my tablet so hopefully as soon as they turn it on the the police can get them and just maybe I get my stuff back.

Damn... Sucks.  If you don't get them back, would you get the same headphones/tablet?

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 9
Interesting question, while I was satisfied with each for the most part I doubt it. The ASUS tablet I certainly was happy with but months later for the same money I can do better. The Ath M50's were a gift, the Aviators I got on sale for $50 a month or two ago and had less than 15 hours on them (an impulse buy) and the Senns were my first cans I got before I really knew what I was doing or looking for - they were just all easy enough to run unamped off my tablet or phone. My buddy sent me a portable dac/amp and I am looking at getting a Fiio E18 when released so I will probably look to get a single nicer mid fi can for on the go. I had my modded orthos in my car yesterday but luckily I had taken them inside.

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #4 of 9
So your planning on an open headphone around $300-$400?  There are quite a few options in that range, including, the DT880, MA900, Fidelio X1, DT990, HE400, ATH AD900X, Q701, K702 Annie, etc.  

I have begun to stray away from the open headphone market, since they all really sound fairly similar (very roughly), while closed cans vary exponentially.  Well, not really stray away, I'm just very content with only one open headphone.

IME, the M50 is really good, but there are better options around $200, like the ATH WS99, K545 (plan on getting that one), M80, 1R, etc.

Still trying to decide on a Wii u or new headphone though... I'll get the XBOX One or PS4 later, since Super Smash Bros 4 will come out soon!

I've never had anything stolen from me! 

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 9
I already have a dt990, Modded t50rp (mad dog) and a Pioneer SE A 1000. Those were my 'keep in the car, on the go cans' That since I had little if any invested if they got dropped or damaged no biggie ( but I didn't want them stolen) and they had a high enough sensitivity coupled with a low enough resistamce I could drive them easy. Now that I have portablle amp and Dac it is easier to find a re placement but I'm really pissed about the tablet.

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #6 of 9
Don't leave your car unlocked like an idiot. Speaking from experience this is a prime time for robbers.

Nov 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #7 of 9
@ thisissomebs, Well thanks for that wonderful advice (maybe if I am playing sports I should try and score more than my oppenent too huh)- this just happened to be a 'one in a million' type thing. I carried in a load of stuff from my car after work and sat down for what was going to be a split second and  fell asleep sitting in that chair and woke up in the middle of the night. Normally I have those cans in the car all the time but this was probably the first time I ever left my tablet in there not to mention that locking my car and setting the alarm is as simple as pressing a button on my keyfob. They took a phone charger but somehow missed msed the tablet's charger (probably thought they had what they needed). Too bad because my tablet is lojacked and if they get it powered up they should be able to be caught . In the meantime gonna monitor craigsloist and ebay and see if they are dumb enough to list anything.

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #9 of 9
  @ thisissomebs, Well thanks for that wonderful advice (maybe if I am playing sports I should try and score more than my oppenent too huh)- this just happened to be a 'one in a million' type thing. I carried in a load of stuff from my car after work and sat down for what was going to be a split second and  fell asleep sitting in that chair and woke up in the middle of the night. Normally I have those cans in the car all the time but this was probably the first time I ever left my tablet in there not to mention that locking my car and setting the alarm is as simple as pressing a button on my keyfob. They took a phone charger but somehow missed msed the tablet's charger (probably thought they had what they needed). Too bad because my tablet is lojacked and if they get it powered up they should be able to be caught . In the meantime gonna monitor craigsloist and ebay and see if they are dumb enough to list anything.

Man I feel bad. Car robbers usually just go at night, especially near Christmas and look for un locked cars to go in and take **** from. Just watch out next time. Oh and the odds are you won't find your stuff, I don't like giving out false hope lol. The trackers are usually useless if the thief was smart enough because all they gotta do is wrap the device in tin foil and then a signal can't be sent out with the tracker. Simple as pie lol sorry for your loss though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back