Ugh, deciding is so hard.
May 6, 2009 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thechungster

1000+ Head-Fier
Why does deciding on one pair of headphones have to be so hard.. =/
A week ago, I was planning on choosing the HD650's, but now I'm not sure it will suit the particular genres I listen to. Then after reading some stuff online, Grados might suit my genres but are way too expensive in the UK. Are there any general recommendations for these criteria.
Not so much overwhelming bass, but deep and noticable impact (For house)
Superb mids for pop
Treble, not so harsh.
Slightly laid back.
Comfortable (Circumaural)
Excellent build quality
Price would be around £200, and I will be buying an amp.

Genres I listen to:
Indie rock
Metal
Pop
J-Pop
Electronic

Also: Got to mention, I have never had any pair of headphones before only IEMs. I have the IE8, so if you could compare sound qualities comparing those two, it'll be helpful.

May 6, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 6
you are the decider!

...I think the hd650 is a good choice. I wouldn't want Grados as my only phones - that's for sure. But the hd650, on the other hand, are great all around phones.

May 6, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #5 of 6
If you like a somewhat laid-back sound I don't think you'd be very happy with Grado's.

Sounds like the HD650 is just what you're looking for.
I like the genres you mentioned and for me the HD580\HD600 is near perfection, but then, I like a fairly bright sound.

May 6, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by cswann1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you like a somewhat laid-back sound I don't think you'd be very happy with Grado's.

Sounds like the HD650 is just what you're looking for.
I like the genres you mentioned and for me the HD580\HD600 is near perfection, but then, I like a fairly bright sound.

I on the other hand, like a tad dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back