UFC 66: Liddell vs. Ortiz 2
Dec 30, 2006 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Borat

Headphoneus Supremus
UFC 66 is tomorrow and it's projected to be the biggest selling pay-per-view in UFC history. Is anyone here going to watch it? Predictions?

I've got Liddell over Ortiz via TKO (ref stoppage due to strikes) in the 2nd round similar to their first fight. They're both riding 5 fight win streaks since their first bout. Liddell has undoubtedly been enjoying the peak of his fighting career in that span, not so sure about Tito. Whenever Ortiz faces Ken Shamrock he looks unstoppable, but against anyone else (Griffin, Belfort, Cote) not as dominant.

Jardine/Griffin should be very competitive. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jardine take it over fan favorite Griffin. Arlovski should take Pe de Pano with his experience and superior striking. I've got Leben over MacDonald, even though I would love to see Leben caught in a triangle choke like MacDonald put on Leben's Quest teammate Ed Herman. I don't know much about Red Schaefer, except that he has a good ground game. But I'll put my money on Bisping anyway.

It's a pretty good card to cap off the most successful year the UFC has ever had. I'm excited to see TUF3 winner Michael Bisping back in action. I think he's got a bright future ahead of him. Also good to see Arlovski back in the octagon facing someone other than Tim Sylvia.

Rumor has it UFC president Dana White will be introducing reigning PrideFC Open Weight Grand Prix champion Mirko "CroCop" Filipovic as their newest signing at this event. His first match is scheduled to be at UFC 67 in February. That should be exciting. Cop is generally considered to be the deadliest striker in mixed martial arts, and striking is what American fans love to see more than anything. White scored huge with this acquisition. CroCop is one of the most exciting fighters in the world:

link to CroCop highlight vid (kind of old, but really well done)

Dec 30, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 2
My plans are to head downtowns and watch it

I vote for Ortiz, because I like his style more, but will he win? He has a chance, if the stars lineup perfectly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back