UE's Super Fi and UE's Pro IEMs sound signature.
Feb 12, 2006 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rem7

New Head-Fier
I currently own UE Super Fi 5 Pro but I'm thinking of getting some custom IEMs at some point since I'm looking for more comfort and also improving the sound quality. The two main custom IEMs I've been looking at are the UE-10Pro and the UE-5c. I have read a couple of reviews about both of them and I find that most people see the UE-10 as a neutral pair of IEMs and the UE-5c as warmer.

So I was wondering if it was fair to say that the Super Fi 5 Pro's are like UE10s little brother, and Super Fi 5 EB are UE-5c little brother. (I'm speaking in terms of sound signature, not quality as I've already read that the Pro lines is noticeable over the SuperFis)

Feb 12, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 4
Despite owning none of the IEMs in question, I feel the matter is clear enough for me to give an answer, and that is that the Super.fi 5pro is the UE-5c's little brother, and that the Super.fi 5EB is similar to the 5pro except with an excessive amount of bass. The 5pro is generally felt to be a warmer, muddier headphone with much bass, making it like the UE-5c.

Feb 13, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #3 of 4
humm... I guess I'm going to have to go to UE's office and try them out see which one I like better. I like music on the warm side, but not as much bass as the Super Fi EB. It sounds like the UE10Pro is a lot colder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back