UERM + iPhone 6
Dec 4, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #16 of 21

Yes, aamof, listening to the UERM + AK240. Relatively similar sound to UERM + iPhone 6. More detail and better sound/headstage but I still maintain the iP6+UERM combo is top notch.

Then that is good for you.

The iPhone 6 makes the UERM very colored sounding. More bass with uneven mids. Someone made an analogy to it sounding like an iPhone 5S with beats audio processor turned on and I agree with that to a certain extent.

The iPhone 5S is a reference pairing for the UERM and the iPhone 6 doesn't come close.

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #17 of 21

The iPhone 6 makes the UERM very colored sounding. More bass with uneven mids. Someone made an analogy to it sounding like an iPhone 5S with beats audio processor turned on and I agree with that to a certain extent.

The iPhone 5S is a reference pairing for the UERM and the iPhone 6 doesn't come close.

Well, we have entirely different experiences. The iPhone 6, with my UERMs, is bass-light and uncolored with luscious mids. To each his own.

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #18 of 21
For a fact though, the UERM has more bass and less treble with the ip6 compared to the 5S. Still that change may not be a big deal to some, so your mileage may vary

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #19 of 21

For a fact though, the UERM has more bass and less treble with the ip6 compared to the 5S. Still that change may not be a big deal to some, so your mileage may vary

Don't know which one has higher output impedance and how much it is(edit: iphone 5 has higher with 4.5ohms and 6 with 3.18), but given the UERM's impedance drops significantly at the treble and not linear impedance, FR will be affected by the output impedance at the treble.  So it could sound a bit bassier(depending on how significant the output impedance is) than a source with near 0 output impedance.  The impedance at the bass is 5X the impedance at the treble.  That more difference than I see of my NT6 which dips lower to 8ohms at the treble, but the bass is 3X the treble impedance, but the impedance sustain further out.

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #20 of 21

Don't know which one has higher output impedance and how much it is(edit: iphone 5 has higher with 4.5ohms and 6 with 3.18), but given the UERM's impedance drops significantly at the treble and not linear impedance, FR will be affected by the output impedance at the treble.  So it could sound a bit bassier(depending on how significant the output impedance is) than a source with near 0 output impedance.  The impedance at the bass is 5X the impedance at the treble.  That more difference than I see of my NT6 which dips lower to 8ohms at the treble, but the bass is 3X the treble impedance, but the impedance sustain further out.

iPhone 5S has an impedance of 2.3 which is lower than iPhone 5 and 6.

http://monoadc.blog64.fc2.com/blog-entry-168.html

Dec 4, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #21 of 21
The 6 and 6+ use the same chipset as the 5s. This place measured the 6 OI at 2.3, same as the 5s: http://headphoniaks.com/blog/calidad-sonido-smartphones-iphone-6-htc-one-m8-fiio-x1/
I suspect Ken Rockwell measuring 3.18 includes the Z of the cable used. So they should all sound similar. Perhaps the higher crosstalk in the 6 could attribute to the reports of an ever so slightly bassier sig on the 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back