UE9s cabled
Feb 28, 2008 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

charlie1

100+ Head-Fier
Ken, I got your Jena cryo cabled phones today. All I can say for now is that I must have got you at the right moment to talk you out of these.(UNREAL) I know you are crying on the inside, But you can always make another set. How many hrs. of burn in do they have on them. I'm only just beginning, But i can already say this is my new favorate. I'm useing COMP. as source to a Benchmark DAC1 USB to a RAPTOR. (WHATS NEXT???) THANKS CHARLIE

Feb 29, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #5 of 9
Oh, had me all worked up for a minute there. That would be sweet. I always get confused when people call the Edition 9s UE9s. There isn't even a UE 9 so I don't know why I was thinking that. Still, it would be awesome to see a UE cable from ALO.

Feb 29, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, had me all worked up for a minute there. That would be sweet. I always get confused when people call the Edition 9s UE9s. There isn't even a UE 9 so I don't know why I was thinking that. Still, it would be awesome to see a UE cable from ALO.

I had a customer send me a replacement UE cable and he told me to recable it when ever I had some free time (ha! took like 2 months) but it was basically a hack into the UE plugs job to solder the cryo wire to the poles. It worked but was way too much work for me to want to take that on. I think if UE or some after market connector company were to make the tiny prongs I would be into making cables for the UE. Until them no thanks.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 29, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #7 of 9
I figured that was the case. It seems like it would be rather difficult to work with unless you wanted to leave part of the stock cable, which really wouldn't be worth it unless you were just doing a quick fix or something of the like. Either way it looks like I have single-handedly OT'd this thread though.

Mar 20, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #8 of 9
Any pictures to share? I've been thinking about a recabling UE9 job, but need the wallet to recover from some recent abuse.

Can you comment on the sound signature that you re currently hearing? What's to like and dislike about the sound?

Thanx!

Mar 20, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #9 of 9
The UE9 cable mod. Does it also include all the other stuff you do. Fabric on the inside to cut down on hi reflections ect..

Or is it just a cable rewire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back