ue900 died, looking for new iems
Feb 11, 2017 at 3:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

draslash

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

recently while trying to resit my cables in my ue900, i pulled the entire circuitry out from my left side of my iem and its dead now..(the flex circuit(i think) got torn into half). I searched the forums and seems like logitech probably doesn't support them ever since a long time ago and seems like my best option is to obtain a new one..

Just to check, i have narrowed down my choices to a few options:
Shure SE215
Shure SE535
Westone W4
Sennheiser IE80

I listen to mainly a lot of EDM(progressive house, big room, a little bit of trance), Mandopop(chinese songs) and abit of kpop and latest english hits. Hence if possible i would like to have clearer vocals and warmer bass?

Have tried the Shure SE535 and Westone W4 but even though Westone W4 seems to be superbly comfortable, Shure's SE535 seems to be slightly more boomy and seems alot more warmer than the Westone W4.

Shure SE215 seems to be oddly placed in the list considering the other 3 are at least in the $500 range, but i would like to know if considering my preference would Shure SE215 suffice as I'm not that willing to fork out too much cash unless the sound quality of Shure SE215 is just downright horrible compared to the others. I'm also looking for any other recommendations that could beat this 3(but i would prefer having one with a good build as my UE900 just died from what i read to be having a low quality build for such an expensive earphones..)

Thank you!

Feb 11, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #2 of 4
The SE215 is quite a bassy IEM, the bass bleeds into the mids a bit so if you want clear vocals I wouldn't recommend it. The SE535 has the best mids IMO, out of the others and is great for vocal but the sub bass is a bit lacking but it is quite warm sounding in general. The IE80 have a good amount of sub bass, and very sparkly treble but the mids are recessed and it's not a warm sounding IEM at all which doesn't fit you're description. I can't comment about the W4 as I've never heard it.

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 4
hmm, maybe i might be overemphasising too much on the warmer part as my previous ue900 wasn't really that warm so i'm alright. 

So far with your suggestions, i've narrowed down more towards ie80, westone 3, shure535. i'll probably check out the stores during the weekends again cause i don't really have the time to go down during weekdays, but thanks for the input!

Just to check are there any iems that emphasise more on vocals/bass? thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back