UE700 or Monster turbine or IE 7?
May 3, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #16 of 26
But for ue700 is it durable? The build of the earphone doesn't seem to be able to take too much abuse. I usually coil my earphone cable around my player and they spoil within a year.

I got an offer of 185 for Monster Turbine Pro Gold from OneCall but the site accept US credit cards only. Im located in Singapore.

Does anyone knows anywhere else that's selling the same price? If I can't find that price anymore then I will most probably go for ue700.

May 3, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #17 of 26
I love the sound of the IE7, but if noise isolation is very important for a commuter like you, I wouldn't really suggest the IE7.

May 3, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #19 of 26
@ OP Double/triple driver might not mean that it will sound better than single driver. For instance, I like my FX-700 more than the TF 10 Pro. As for saying that the cable on Monster is weak, I'd like to disagree with you. Have you seen or tried auditioning one before? I have not heard the others. But I have tried the Miles Davis. The cable is very durable. Too bad they don't accept any other than US credit card, as what you said.

You should probably consider the Klipsch Custom 3 (poorly designed cable though) and Fischer Audio DBA-02. Well, what kind of music you listen to?

May 4, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #20 of 26
I listen to mainly pop and some classical. I was hoping to find a way to get the MTPG at a better price. I tried before custom 3 but don't really like the way it sound. kinda lacking in bass.

May 4, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Epsilon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to mainly pop and some classical. I was hoping to find a way to get the MTPG at a better price. I tried before custom 3 but don't really like the way it sound. kinda lacking in bass.

Perhaps you should get the Monster series...or the FX-500, or the Superfi 5 pro eb. There are tonnes of choices.

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #24 of 26

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies so far. I'm currently using Cowon S9 as my primary player and ipod touch as secondary. I initially wanted to get IE7 but was told that noise isolation is an issue. UE700 is using a dual driver so I'm quite interested in it but the durability is a mystery. Monster turbine I heard the cable is quite weak.

cable is bad but its solid why not have a look at the tf10s as well?

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #26 of 26
I would recommend the UE700 over the IE7. 

In a nutshell:
Detail: UE700 > IE7
Bass: - I feel the UE700 has better quality but IE7 has more quantity
Mids: UE700 > IE7
Highs: UE700 > IE7
Soundstage: IE7 > UE700
Isolation: UE700 > IE7
Timbre: IE7 > UE700 (dynamic IEMs almost always win in timbre/texture)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back