UE600 sounding unbalanced?
Jun 5, 2012 at 9:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

trenzterra

Head-Fier
Hi, I have a pair of UE600 which I have had for 15 months already. Sent in the first pair for 1-1 exchange after six months due to one of the side shorting, and now I'm having a weird problem with my second pair, which is about eight months old.

The right side is perceptibly around 5% softer than the left side. It's hard to tell, but I can notice it by my song vocals seemingly coming a little from the left instead of the right side, even when the audio source is mono. In addition, it seems the right side brings out the bass better but lacks something at the treble end; it sounds a little muffled compared to the left.

Any idea if I could somehow fix this problem? Is this a problem with the drivers or the cable? When I sent the UE600 for warranty the first time, the guy told me that usually broken cables aren't covered by warranty, but he would make a 'one-time exception' for me (ridiculous, I know).

Or should I just go hunting for another IEM? I really like the sound of the UE600 though, is there anything comparable in its price range?

Jun 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #2 of 3
If you're using the default eartips (which were very good imo), are they loose? I've owned the UE600's, and found that you lose some of the volume due to poor isolation if there's a tiny gap between the end of the tips and the earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back