UE5c and UE5Pro...What is the difference?
Feb 5, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 13
Umm, one is custom and one is universal :p

But I am sure you know that
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #4 of 13
Wait, I think I got mistaken with the SF5Pro!

On second look, I think that they are the same, just changed the naming, from the C (meaning custom I presume) to just Pro, under their new custom series?

btw: I think should wait and invest in UE10s or 11s, I reckon the UE5c's will sound similar to the LW, then you have two unsellable earphones that sound the same.

Or maybe buy a Tomahawk from someone who you may already know
wink.gif
:p

My .02c

Feb 5, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #5 of 13
the price difference is big too. around $150

Feb 5, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #6 of 13
They are not the same. They have a different sound signature. The ue-5c is based for the ipod. It will have more bass as the ue-5pro is more of a flat freq. The ue-5 pro was designed for stage monitoring where the ue-5c were designed to use out of an ipod.

Feb 5, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #8 of 13
Bass is not excessive at all. I think you will enjoy them.

Feb 9, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are not the same. They have a different sound signature. The ue-5c is based for the ipod. It will have more bass as the ue-5pro is more of a flat freq. The ue-5 pro was designed for stage monitoring where the ue-5c were designed to use out of an ipod.

Do you ever find yourself using the UE-5c now that you have UE-11's? Or are the 11's just better at anything and everything?

Feb 10, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #12 of 13
Well i only use my ue-5c when my ue-11 are not available and when i want to do comparasons between the two. So i guess no I really do not use the 5c that much.Yes the ue-11 are just better at everything to my ears, but if you do not like deep accurate powerfull bass then the 5c, ue-7pro, or ue-10 pro would be better suited. I would get the Westone es2 before I got the 7pro and it would be a hard decision between the ue-5c vs westone es2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back