UE4Pro owners anywhere?
Jan 30, 2011 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mkubota1

In the Happy Place
I can't seem to find a review of these other than the one Jude posted a while back. Someone out there has to have these- no? Please post your impressions or a quick review with possible comparisons to previously owned universals. And please, I'd rather hear from people who actually have the customs as opposed to those having heard the demo version w/Complys. Thanks ahead of time!

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 7
Seriously... no one? 
confused_face.gif

Feb 4, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #3 of 7
It's sad for me to say this, but I think UE (probably Logitech's fault) is slowly becoming nothing more than a mediocre brand w/ mediocre products, and many on head-fi just dont have the interest they used to for their products. Their customs are probably still very good, but they've disintegrated their universal line to where it completely lacks a respectable iem (except the TF10's, which I have a hunch they'll soon be discontinuing.)

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #4 of 7
Although I haven't heard much of their line other than the TF10, I have a feeling you're pretty close to being spot on.  I see most of their universal line as being nothing really special- as in "why should I buy these when there are so many others?"  And while I'm sure their customs can go head to head with others of the same configuration (number of drivers), they are priced significantly higher.  Maybe they're relying on the pro market, as they have a well established name and cost is often not as much an issue as reliability and track record.  I'm still a bit surprised that no one here has the Pro 4's though.  If this crowd isn't buying them, I wonder who is?  Perhaps musicians who are just starting out on a limited budget.  It would be sad to see UE go the way of former greats and pioneers like Fisher, Carver, Apogee Speakers, etc.

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #5 of 7
Jude has the UE4. I'm not sure who else does. The lower customs is probably dominated by the JH5 in terms of the UE4, AC2(although it is quite new) and the JH5.

The UE18 didn't really get that great impressions so I think most are going towards products such as JH13/16 or other top customs and the only thing from UE that interests me is the Reference Monitors but until they get their silicone issue sorted I won't be considering them.

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:

Quote:
but until they get their silicone issue sorted I won't be considering them.

What silicone issue is this?

Ah... NM.  Did some searching and I assume you're talking about the optional gel or silicone finish as opposed to the acrylic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back