UE11s- Anyone used HandheldAudio in UK?
Aug 21, 2008 at 11:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JimBob1971

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm considering getting a pair of UE11s. I noticed that HandheldAudio in London do them for £881(£750+vat). Apparently the price includes an impression and covers any number of FedEx sends(inc taxes), any other impressions if the first fails.

I could go via UE directly, and it would cost £603 for the phones, plus £37.50 to send impressions, plus impressions themselves (£40, Harley Street hearing). So £677.50 compared to £881. However, as mentioned, the £881 includes customs duty/taxes and any subsequent sends/impressions.

Anyone used them? Are the impressions of a decent quality? Worth the extra money? I'm not sure if UE pay for refitting returns or not...

Cheers!

Aug 21, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by JimBob1971 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I'm considering getting a pair of UE11s. I noticed that HandheldAudio in London do them for £881(£750+vat). Apparently the price includes an impression and covers any number of FedEx sends(inc taxes), any other impressions if the first fails.

Anyone used them? Are the impressions of a decent quality?

I could go via UE directly, and it would cost £603 for the phones, plus £37.50 to send impressions, plus impressions themselves (£50-£100?),plus whatever customs I get stung on...

It sounds very good, but not worths that price. I paid US$ 1500 shipped out of the U.S. I'd like to sell it to someone for half price now. hahh. The sound units can be easily found for quite cheap price. In China, a lot of on-line shops are taking offers and capable of making similar things. They only charge for US$ 300

Aug 21, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #5 of 7
I just got mine about 30 minutes ago.

They fit great first time which I was so worried about. Harley Street Hearing is definitely the way to go. It cost me £45 there BTW.

I also got a phone call from Fed-Ex yesterday saying I had to pay duty on them before they could be delivered (I did this over the phone then & there) at a whopping £130. No idea how they worked that little number out but hey...

So all in all they cost just over £800.

It looks like HandHeldAudio are just making a quick buck for not doing much.

I'd suggest going straight to UE. That way you can contact them yourself halfway through waiting when you get impatient
biggrin.gif

I'll give my impressions later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back