UE11 vs. AT ESW9?
Jan 20, 2008 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

FreeBlues

100+ Head-Fier
Okay, this might seem like a strange comparison, but here's the deal. I currently own, and love, UE11s. They are the only headphone I own of any type, actually all I've ever owned have been IEMs. I use my rig really only at the gym where I spend between 2 and 3 hours per day, every day. There are times, however, when I would like to have something besides an IEM embedded in my head, know what I mean?

So, I've started looking for something non-IEM like that I can use portably that will work about as well as my UE11s. As near as I can tell this means closed cans - I do want as much isolation as I can get, something small and sort of unobtrusive and something that will stay on my head as I move around. Reviews of the ESW9 seem to be the most positive.

So, those that might have heard both the UE11s and the ESW9s, what do you think? Based on sound quality alone, are the two even remotely comparable? If you have another suggestion instead of the ESW9s what is it (money is no object)? If I'm nuts, let me know that too!

FWIW, the rest of my system is an iMod with a Lisa, ALO Au/Ag cables and a vcap. I also have an iQube and a PRII if amp synergies are important and listen to blues, mostly electric, classic rock, pop and country.

Jan 20, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBlues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIW, the rest of my system is an iMod with a Lisa, ALO Au/Ag cables and a vcap. I also have an iQube and a PRII if amp synergies are important and listen to blues, mostly electric, classic rock, pop and country.

First let me say wow, these are nice setups.
wink.gif

I read that the ESW9s have a great synergy with the iQube, you could ask Skylab or Sasaki, because they own both of them.

So basically my next headphone will be the ESW9, because of the nice synergy with the iQube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back