UE11 Pro now or Westone 3 how knows when??
Aug 15, 2007 at 4:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Bolardito

500+ Head-Fier
Ok I'm facing a big dilemma. I just sent my E500 for warranty replacement (cable broken) so I'm "surviving" with the ER4P. However I think is time for me to upgrade, so I just don't know if go the customs route now with the UE11 or wait till the Westone 3 and keep doing for some months with my E500/ ER4P combo.

Do you think the Westone 3 could top or at least equaL the UE11? I mean you read that Ray Smaules review and it makes you salivate. Or probably since they are universals they simply won't match UE11 in terms of SQ. I'll be spending 3 times less if I get the Westone 3 but the wait could kill me,ahhhhhrgggg life is not easy

Aug 15, 2007 at 8:38 AM Post #2 of 14
I will go for ue-11.
tongue.gif

No one knows when westone 3 will be ready.

Aug 15, 2007 at 9:25 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok I'm facing a big dilemma. I just sent my E500 for warranty replacement (cable broken) so I'm "surviving" with the ER4P. However I think is time for me to upgrade, so I just don't know if go the customs route now with the UE11 or wait till the Westone 3 and keep doing for some months with my E500/ ER4P combo.

Do you think the Westone 3 could top or at least equaL the UE11? I mean you read that Ray Smaules review and it makes you salivate. Or probably since they are universals they simply won't match UE11 in terms of SQ. I'll be spending 3 times less if I get the Westone 3 but the wait could kill me,ahhhhhrgggg life is not easy

Well the question is how adventurous are you? If you enjoy etymotic so much then you can go for UE11. You will definitely drop your jaw with the SQ.
but if you love your E500 so much then, Westone 3 would probably be a safer bet.
smily_headphones1.gif
UE has always been on a more accurate neutral side in terms of sound signature.

I personally love ety so much and hate E500 so much, and I ended up with both UE10 and UE11 VERY HAPPY EVER! I'm so satisfied that I wouldn't bother looking for other IEM.

Aug 16, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #5 of 14
Alot of us would like to know when the Westone 3 comes out.

Aug 16, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alot of us would like to know when the Westone 3 comes out.

Ah, so theres no announced date yet?

Seems like they were originally announced like 6 months ago... Has it really been that long?

Aug 16, 2007 at 11:32 AM Post #7 of 14
isn't there going to be a HUGE price difference between Westone 3 and the UE? The UE 11 according to Jude is around $1100; believe the Westone 3 to be hundreds of dollars less. Which means more bux can be spent on better amps or other such stuff

Aug 16, 2007 at 11:39 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
isn't there going to be a HUGE price difference between Westone 3 and the UE? The UE 11 according to Jude is around $1100; believe the Westone 3 to be hundreds of dollars less. Which means more bux can be spent on better amps or other such stuff

True, but no amp or source will be able to change the sound signature of an IEM. It's more an issue with sound signature preference. If I were to choose, it would also be the UE because like jlingo, I am not a great fan of the Shure and Westone sound signature. Both seem too mids orientated and have recessed highs. Maybe the Westone 3 is entirely different? Somehow I doubt this.

Aug 16, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #9 of 14
I haven't heard any clues about release date of westone 3 but if I have to wait at least 6 months, I will buy ue-11 right now.

Aug 16, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw Ray's review on the Westone 3's but where is his review on the UE11's??

Aug 16, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by beer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't heard any clues about release date of westone 3 but if I have to wait at least 6 months, I will buy ue-11 right now.

Under these conditions, you may as well place the UE11 order. I doubt they will be out soon.

Aug 16, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #14 of 14
Westone 3 was supposed to be out a while ago, I remember I was reccomended Westone 3's over E500s as the Westone 3's were supposed to be out by then, but that 5 months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back