UE11 Pro Bass: bass experience
Mar 22, 2009 at 6:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sling5s

Headphoneus Supremus
I’ve had the UE11 pro for several months now.
What I found was that the amount of bass varied with different sources:

Example, the UE11 with the Pico amp was way too bass heavy. The Midbass especially seemed to dominate the sound. It was just too warm. All the treble and detail was present but overpowered by the bass.

The UE11 bass with the iphone unamped however seemed to be significantly subdued. It was still warm but not overpowering.

The UE11 with the 60gig ipod (I guess different generation ipod and iphones vary in sound quality), the bass was toned way down. I could almost say that the UE11 was bass shy (which I thought impossible).

Finally the UE11 bass presence with my portable CD player, Philip Expanium was almost perfect. Just the right amount of bass.

Anyone share this experience?

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #2 of 8
Nope. The Pico and UE11 sounds wonderful to my ears. To each his own I suppose
regular_smile .gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:00 AM Post #3 of 8
^ u have classified your UE11 under 'headphones' category..

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:04 AM Post #4 of 8
Wish I had the privilege to try out some customs, but unfortunately I am far too broke.
frown.gif

Mar 25, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #7 of 8
that and the ue11 is a low ohm phone that can overpower the internal amps of most players. iphone 3g has typical bass roll off meaning without an amp, you will get bass boom, but not much resolution. however, the iphone does it in a smooth, tempered way which is nice.

with the pico of course, you will have the ultimate driving experience as it will offload the iphone or other source and let bass, stage, treble and thd come to proper perspective.

any headphone has optimal conditions in which to be run. no portable supplies those conditions -- only with an amp can you get them.

Mar 25, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #8 of 8
i too owned the iQube and found that its gave the UE-11s tuneful and deep bass response. But in the end enjoyed the UE-11s out of an ipod just as much. It was a wonderful amp to pair with the UE-11s though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back