UE11 from the UK
Feb 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #17 of 22
If I were you I would give the T1s a shot. So far I heard from my dealer here in Singapore he doesn't have much fit issues for them. Compared to UE which I have first hand fitting issues with. Plus its probably going to be significantly cheaper than getting the UE-11s since you are in the UK(correct me if I am wrong).

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #18 of 22
^ GTL...are u talking about Stereo Electronics ?

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ GTL...are u talking about Stereo Electronics ?

Yes. Best place to get audio gear in Singapore in my opinion. If I have a choice I would definitely prefer to do business with them.

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by imademymark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the ue11s are alot bassier as well and might take some getting used to, i managed to get a seal with a friends and was quite taken aback (although i'm sure i'm going to be told it's very different with the actual one etc etc. i think it should be a concern)

Hmmm, one thing that I had noticed with the universal UE11s (or perhaps a set that does not conform to the anatomy of your ear) is that it is totally not representative of the audio reproduction of an actual set of 11s crafted just for your ears.

I had the fortune of testing out a universal version months back and was shocked at how muddy it sounded. The actual UE11 is nothing like it. While the bass is certainly present, it is tight and has a nice deep extension. Many headfiers have raised concern that the bass of the UE11s is overwhelming but IMHO, it simply reproduces whatever bass that is in the music. The mids are not encroached upon at all, but is simply lush and lifelike. I would also describe the treble reproduction as sweet, not rolled off like the SE530 or as sparkling as the TF10.

As much as UE's customer service has disappointed me recently, I still regard the UE11pro as a mighty fine pair of monitors that has given me a great deal of audio pleasure.
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #22 of 22
Thanks again for the advice, I think I will probably go for the UE11. Any more advice is gratefully received. Thanks again. Shame the exchange rate is so bad at the moment from a UK-US buying point of view!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back