UE10s Macbook problem
Jun 28, 2008 at 8:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DavidMahler

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm trying to use my UE10s with with my Mac Book headphone out.....I believe I have doneso before. The sound quality is horrendous........the signal is clipping....and I don't know why......Its not clipping with my triple fis or SE530s.........I switched the cable from my UE10s and tried my Triple Fi Cable and the problem didn't go away....

However when I use my other PC or Ipod the UE10s sound fine.....anyway to fix this?

PS.....if you own a Macbook (not a macbook Pro, but a macbook) and a pair of UE10s, please test the compatablity for me, it would be very appreciated

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:32 AM Post #2 of 4
This is odd, because UE10s are very sensitive, and clipping usually occurs when the source is not delivering enough punch. You might try putting an inexpensive amp (a Go-Vibe is one of dozens) between the notebook and your UE10s and see if that cleans things up.

Jun 28, 2008 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Linthicum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is odd, because UE10s are very sensitive, and clipping usually occurs when the source is not delivering enough punch. You might try putting an inexpensive amp (a Go-Vibe is one of dozens) between the notebook and your UE10s and see if that cleans things up.

Thanks for the response Robert......

Actually I do have quite a few amps but it seems weird to me that i cant just use the headphone out on my Mac when I CAN on my ipod and PC......any other reasons this could be happening?

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 4
One logical suggestion: If you haven't already, you may want to check out the technical specs of your Macbook, and see whether its audio output measure up to that of your iPod and PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back