UE10PRO (comin soon)
Jun 10, 2004 at 4:02 PM Post #19 of 28
His amp sounds like a Larocco PPA with DAC and Diamond Buffers...but that would be something to share right?

KPOT - I am very curious about the amp. Is it a portable unit? Do you intend to use the UE's as portables?
confused.gif

The only way you are getting a portable amp for $2000.00 is if you buy the Emmeline XP-7, use it as preamp to the SR-71 and pack both in a diamond studded box with gold inlays...
eggosmile.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:25 PM Post #20 of 28
A common rule of thumb around here.. editing out your original, might have been offensive/rude/stupid/intelligent/snide/funny/whatever else post completely always make yourself look silly/fishy/untrustworthy/stupid/like you've got something to hide.

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #21 of 28
Amp&Dac is not portable at all. It is portable without power unit.(16DCV) It can be used with batteries, but such setup cannot be carried. (very large)

But it is very useful thing! You can connect any portable player with digital out and enjoy hi-end quality.
k1000smile.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:57 PM Post #23 of 28
Amp + DAC does not necessarily mean high end quality
k1000smile.gif

What amp? What DAC? Who is the builder? Where is the website? How does it compare to Grace Design 901 Amp+Dac ?
confused.gif

I seriously doubt the "High-End" claims of yours...only certain amps and DAC's fall under this category and they are all over $5000.00
wink.gif

Need I say - WADIA!!! / KRELL

A nice DAC like the Ack! Dack! paired with a nice amp like the Headroom MAX / Gilmore Dynamic / Corda Prehead / Rudistor / Emmeline HR2 etc. will not only smash your setup to bits but leave it flapping in the breeze afterwards
wink.gif

Or maybe you can shut me up by posting something about this amp - pictures?

Cheers!
eggosmile.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 5:04 PM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by KPOT
lindrone, i created this topic not to discuss who is cleverer. His posts has no attitude at the topic.

I understand, but I'm just telling you that you should never edit out your post completely without some sort of explanation... there's always people that'll have read what you've posted before you edit them out...

It just make yourself look like the complete guilty party anyway. Disregarding whether or not you had a valid point to begin with. It's self-incrimination. If you have to edit your post so much that the entire thing got edited out, maybe you shouldn't have posted it in the first place?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Amp + DAC does not necessarily mean high end quality

Definitely a good point, not only that, even if your source has a digital output into the DAC, there is still quality differences in the digital output. You have to look at at which stage that digital output is coming out of... the extraction of the detail itself into digital data... Issues I don't even quite understand myself. There are differences in digital output still.

Jun 10, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Not really
very_evil_smiley.gif

But I dont want to burst his bubble
wink.gif
Congrats KPOT...

[size=small]Now[/size] about that amplifier...

[size=medium]UE-10 = $1000.00

Amplifier needed to make it sound good = $2000.00 minimum...

What do you have in mind?
very_evil_smiley.gif

(calculations according to the KPOT theory for good sound
wink.gif
)
[/size]

Cheers!
eggosmile.gif

????
confused.gif
????

Are you HRA?

Jun 10, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #26 of 28
He's referring to some earlier posts by Kpot who was dissing all amps and headphones because the amp had to be over 2000 bucks and the headphone must cost 1000. He then went on to say he has top secret plans for such an amp, but made more cheaply.

Of course, not knowing that Head-fiers have been doing this for ages. And yet he never could comment on the sound of the headphones and amps he was dissing.

Jun 10, 2004 at 8:54 PM Post #27 of 28
I think he was saying that you need an amp that 2x the price of the headphone in order to get the full performance out of the headphone... so if you don't have an amp that 2x the cost of the headphone, you can't hear the headphone properly.

Of course, all very inaccurate perceptions, as if there's some type of monetary rule tied around performance or something.

Jun 10, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #28 of 28
Yes but he was also saying anything under 1000 bucks was not a high-end headphone.

I'd like to know then what he plans to spend on source?
biggrin.gif

There are good price ratio rules you can try to follow, but when it comes to time to audition gear, your ears might well tell you something completely different and you have to be open to that fact.

And of course many a headfier knows how to have a good amp built, and where to search for deals.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back