UE10Pro and amplifiers
Jul 13, 2004 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

winty

Head-Fier
Since the UE10Pro is very low impedance, I'm wondering about which are the best amplifiers for them, either portable or desktop. What amps are you UE10 owners using with these phones, and how well do they work?

Jul 13, 2004 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 4
SR-71. I love it with the UE10s, and I refuse to listen to them without it.

Jul 13, 2004 at 6:30 PM Post #3 of 4
Are you talking about using it in the context of at home or on the go (or both)?

I use the Ue-10 PRO with the Ray Samuels Emmeline HR-2 and Emmeline II The Stealth. I have zip experiences with portable headphone amplifiers except the HeadRoom Cosmic (Reference Module) but back then I did not even know about Ultimate Ears.

All I can say is that the Ue-10 PRO is versatile enough to work extremely well with home headphone amplifiers. The Emmeline II The Stealth ($2,500 USD) is unbelievable with the Ue-10 PRO! It's literally changed my entire thought process about tubes. Sooooooo real and natural.

The Emmeline HR-2 is not nearly as natural or real but it's darn good.

My review will be published on line on July 20th, 2004. I'll begin the writing process on July 15th, 2004. Select people will get advance reading copies for peer review.

Seriously, you can not got wrong with a Ray Samuels headphone amplifier and the Ue-10 PRO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back