UE10 or 11 customs from ER4?
Jan 28, 2009 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm really considering upgrading from my ER4P to a pair of customs. I'm currently looking at UE for their 10 and 11s. Which pair should be good for me?

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #3 of 4
I see you have an iQube. I'm using my UE-11 with my iQube and love that combination, though sometimes it can sound a little clinical than musical. But if you're an Ety fan, you're probably okay with that.

As digihead said, the UE-10 is closer to the Ety sound. I have an entry-level Ety, the ER6, and suggest you get the UE-11 precisely because it sounds so different - if you're okay with a deeper bass presence. Otherwise, it's like drinking the same wine the rest of your life.

The UE-11 will introduce you to a whole new world in music. I never imagined low end detail would be rendered so well without being exaggerated.

My Livewires sound a lot more like the Etys, and are a pretty good bargain as far as custom IEMs go.

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #4 of 4
I've got exactly the setup you would have with the UE11s - iMod, same LOD, iQube, UE11s. It sounds incredible. I haven't listened to the 10s, so can't contrast, but I absolutely love the 11s. I've read all the concerns about over-emphasized bass, but to my ears it sounds just right. With the iMod in the system, you get bass that has all kinds of tone and color - really wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back