UE Triple.fi Flipped w/pics
Dec 22, 2009 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

archercat

100+ Head-Fier
With the sudden popularity of the Triples, I've seen many folks asking about the flipflop mod thing... so here's some pics of mine flipped...

I have relatively normal size ears, and I use Shure e2c small silicon tips that insert pretty deep...

Enjoy, LOL

4206378122_d8586ca836.jpg

4206406894_9ba4cf500f.jpg

Dec 22, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 14
Hey! We can see the hole in your ear lobe.... so where's the earring?
smily_headphones1.gif

(Seriously, though, thanks for the pics)

Dec 22, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #4 of 14
Are you having to reverse the L/R phones to get a correct fit?

I guess I assumed these were designed as over-the-ear models...

Dec 22, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #5 of 14
I tried this after not getting a good fit when I wanted to go behind the ear with the wire. It felt nice, but some of the sound was muted slightly. When I switched back to pointing the wire towards the earlobe and going around front, it was equally comfortable and slightly better sound. I think this should only be a last resort for people who can't get a good fit without it.

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 14
In my right ear I have the R cord, but it's plugged into the L driver... The "R" on the cord plug will face towards the nozzle..

So the cord is correct, (going to the right ear), just that the drivers are switched so you get the more flush angle...

If you do it the other way the sound sucks because the positive prong is going to go into the negative hole... LOL...

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #7 of 14
The flip mod as shown + Sony Hybrid tips saved me from dumping these things. Love the sound, hated the fit. I can get 90-120 min now without them getting uncomfortable.

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #8 of 14
here's a pic of what I mean... The "right" cord is plugged into the "left" driver.

Sound swill be the same... and what should be going to your right ear still will be going to your right ear. The cord is what determines what sound goes to your right/left ear, not the driver...

4206991450_49fc76a2bb.jpg

Dec 22, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by archercat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sound swill be the same...

Only if the device points at the exact same angle into your ears. Doesn't seem to for me. Of course, I'm comparing wearing them with the cord facing upwards flipped to the cord facing downwards non-flipped so maybe that's the difference. But they aren't comfortable with the cord downward flipped or the cord upward non-flipped.

Dec 23, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #10 of 14
More bass and overall louder sound is what I have with the flip. Beore, I listened at 5 clicks up, now I just need 3-4 for the same volume.

I'm having trouble with extra pressure from the ear loop though. Still, it's better than pressure on my canals.

Dec 23, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #11 of 14
ive worn mine flipped from the second day ive had them and ive had them for a couple years. to me it is so easy to get them inserted right each and every time. and they look much better than the frankenknob look

Dec 23, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkJak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh I just noticed that I had the r and l and the ridges facing outwards in the mod. Does that affect the sound or have any lasting impact? I hope I didn't damage them!

It just messes up the sound since the positive and negative terminals are reversed... You can just switch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back