UE triple.fi 10vi vs SHURE SE530
Mar 7, 2009 at 9:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

kpexpress

New Head-Fier
I am sure that many reviews have been done on both of these earphones, how do they match up as far as sound quality and comfort. I tried the 10vi's and liked the sound, but felt the quality wasn't worth the price, but how about the SE530's? Anyone?

Mar 7, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #2 of 18
i have them both. now the triples arent a bad IEM, ive never had any fit issues or anything with them but i like the 530 better in every way. well bar one i like that they have a detachable cable and the 530 dont. sound wise the 530 do everything better, there is less highs but they sound far more natural on the 530 and if the quantity isnt enough a little eq boost will give you what you want. bass on the 530 is just massivly better and the mids, well the mids on the 530 spank everything.

some do prefer the triples but for me 530, no question

Mar 7, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes the SE530 forward mids sound subwoofers. A little too much of a good thing. Complys for TFPro made the fit issue less of an issue.

The fit with complys is fine - just they change the sound too much, all that's brilliant about them is gone with comply.
I've got both and I prefer Shure, they sound more pleasant and isolate better.

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #6 of 18
Most people DO prefer the Shure as it may be considered a little more exciting. TFPro is a a flatter more neutral response. I actually like both depending on my mood and the music I am listening to. I think TFPro is easier on the ears at loud volumes for extended listening times.

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #7 of 18
kpexpress- Triple.Fi's are probably one of the most uncomfortable IEM's in the all of human history. If they were uncomfy for you, the SE530 would be better choice.
But the sound is the different story. It all depends what player are you listening.
For example: TF10's will sound excelent from E10, but SE530 won't.
Triple.Fi's have much bigger soundstage and instrument separation than the SE530 but Shure's have more forward mids and more bass. TF10's, on the other hand, wins in the quality of the bass ( it's more quick and dynamic ) and quanity of the trebles.

Mar 7, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #8 of 18
I disagree about comfort of Triple Fi's. I think it's excellent. I particularly like the way the housings are recessed off your ears so the only thing you feel is the tip part. Unlike a design like SE530 or W3 where the entire housing is mashed up against your ear cavity. But I agree it is tough to maintain a seal with the silicone tips with TFP but Complys fix this.

I think E2's were the most uncomfy for me.

Mar 7, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by krisio06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kpexpress- Triple.Fi's are probably one of the most uncomfortable IEM's in the all of human history. If they were uncomfy for you, the SE530 would be better choice.
But the sound is the different story. It all depends what player are you listening.
For example: TF10's will sound excelent from E10, but SE530 won't.
Triple.Fi's have much bigger soundstage and instrument separation than the SE530 but Shure's have more forward mids and more bass. TF10's, on the other hand, wins in the quality of the bass ( it's more quick and dynamic ) and quanity of the trebles.

The Shure SE530 has far better BASS than the TF10's. It's clean and goes very low and has a harder impact and blends nicely with the MIDS which completely dominates the TF10's MIDS. The HIGHS to me sound very natural and any of more it would sound very artificial to me. Oh yea, this is when the Shure SE530's are using the yellow foamies and not the olives which destroy the SE530s sound quality. The olives completely muddy the sound of the Shure SE530.

Mar 8, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #10 of 18
Many of you have mentioned "forward mids", what exactly does that mean? I mostly listen to techno, lounge, hip hop and alternative music, but mostly downtempo trip hop lounge techno and I want to know which one will hit the bass hard without compromising the highs (that to me really MAKE the music I listen to pleasurable). I have read on this forum about the durability of the SE530 earphones too, anyone want to chime in on that too? Thanks so much for the info, it really helps me.

Mar 8, 2009 at 10:48 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree about comfort of Triple Fi's. I think it's excellent. I particularly like the way the housings are recessed off your ears so the only thing you feel is the tip part. Unlike a design like SE530 or W3 where the entire housing is mashed up against your ear cavity. But I agree it is tough to maintain a seal with the silicone tips with TFP but Complys fix this.

I think E2's were the most uncomfy for me.

Agreed. Only wish the TF10 body is shorter so that i can roll on bed. I have issues with UM2, same bean shape as SE530 and W3. Too much contact areas with inner ear cavity and causes irritation after a while.

Volt, i dont find TF10 bass overpowering the mid at all. I will say the cleanest bass i had heard so far belongs to TF10. And i missed it a lot.

Mar 8, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #13 of 18
what I've noticed is that the Triple.Fi had slightly more emphasized mids and highs than the SE530, and the lows of the Triple.Fi are a little more controlled than the SE530. It's also a lot more fatuiging to listen to than the SE530. The SE530 is just so, so smooth, you can listen to it for hours and hours and hours and you'll feel right at home. The SE530 is also much, much more comfortable than the Triple.Fi, the isolation is better, and it has a very low profile so you can sleep with it in without problems.

If you want an IEM that sounds amazing, for short amounts of time (<1.5 hours), and don't sleep with earphones, get the Triple.Fi.

If you want a very comfortable IEM that sounds great and facilitates extended listening, the SE530 is what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back