UE TF10 Comfort Question
Apr 30, 2008 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

raffy

100+ Head-Fier
I am currently auditioning a pair of Sleek SA6s and I gotta admit, I really like the comfort of these phones! I get a good seal all the time and I barely feel them there. However.....I find the SA6 a bit lacking in bass and upper bass regions and I really like the sonic signature of UE but I am not able to get a decent seal (from my 5pros). I am considering exchanging the SA6 for the Triple Fi but I am sure I'm gonna suffer the same seal problems.

Is there any way I can get that nice SA6 seal from the triple fi's??? Also, comparisons between the SA6 and triple fi's would be greatly appreciated!

Apr 30, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #2 of 12
You know the Triple.fi has a different signature than the 5 Pro. There is less bass so it lacks in "bass and upper bass" compared to a 5 Pro. It is also bigger than the 5 pro and fit can be even harder to achieve. T400 tips do seem to work well for curing fit issues with the Triple.fi. Maybe buy and try them out on the 5 Pro's.

Have you tried foams on the SA6? Comply's or Shure black olives might give enough bass from the Sleek's. Everybody is different but most seem to be happy with the bass they get from the Sleeks. Again, maybe a few dollars in tips might make you happy with the Sleeks or 5 pro before moving on to something else.

Or maybe the SE530 might be an option since they are more 5 Pro like in bass amount than the Triple.fi are and have a better design for fit and comfort.

May 1, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 12
tnx for the tips jant! I did notice that the 5pros do have the extra bass/upper bass, I can definitely use more defined highs, even at the expense of less bass.

I have tried the jays foamies but I still prefer the seal of the double flange medium tips of the SA6. Maybe I am expecting the best of everything from the SA6 which is too much to ask for.

May 1, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #4 of 12
I've owned both the Triples and the Sleeks. Sold the Triples after about two months' fussing with them toget some comfort. Bet shot was with the Comply tips. But still didn't like them. Now using the Sleeks with Ety triple flanges or the Olivesa nd find them very comfortable and enough bass to please me, altho I listen mostly to jazz and classical. also must restate: what's in your music stream?? I'm using 5.5g Imod, portable v-cap with Portaphile or tomahawk amp. so my sonic sig might be different than others which could affect what I'm hearing.

May 1, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #5 of 12
tnmike,
I'm running the SA6 with my 2g ipod nano 4gb. I just got into this so I don't have a "set-up" quite yet. Very addicting though!!! BTW, do the ety triple flanges and the Shure Olives simply plug in the SA6 or do you have to mod them?

May 2, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 12
I have smallest ear canl. (even q-Jays XXS didn't make seal) but sleek was good with bi-flange tips and after I get my Triple, SA6 had to go since SA6 sounded crappy compared to Triples.

Triples are so much better in SQ, except comfort factor. but to me, since Triples are sitting outside of earcanal, they are very comfy and made perfect seal. I think Tiples can handle the gym-work out purpose too, if they didn't break while I was doing flip-flop mode.
frown.gif

Just order them and listen to them, you will feel the difference!

May 2, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #7 of 12
I have now been wearing my TF 10's for about 4 hours straight, maybe a little longer. Don't even really feel them in my ears anymore, kind of blended in!

I use bi-flanges flip flopped. Totally comfortable, totally amazing.
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #9 of 12
I've no problem fitwise w/ Triple Fi either...they just do seem to 'blend in' as J.D.N. said. I find em really quite comfortable (stock & flipped).

I'll try Flex sleeves, FeedMeTrance, cheers...got few in my tips-stash somewhere.

May 4, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #10 of 12
Can the flip mod make such a huge difference in seal and comfort?

Before I got my Sleeks, I was satisfied with the mediocre comfort and seal I got from my 5pros but the Sleeks have shown me what a REAL seal is! Too bad I still wanted a little more clarity and less vocal congestion. Does the TF10 excel in these areas?

May 4, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by raffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can the flip mod make such a huge difference in seal and comfort?

Before I got my Sleeks, I was satisfied with the mediocre comfort and seal I got from my 5pros but the Sleeks have shown me what a REAL seal is! Too bad I still wanted a little more clarity and less vocal congestion. Does the TF10 excel in these areas?

I'm currently using the flip mod with a pair of M-AUDIO IE-40 (rebranded TF10) with great success. It has made any discomfort very minimal (very little fatigue after hours of listening).

I also believe that the sound quality improvement over the SA6 (IMO) is pretty big. I think the two areas you're looking at are improved greatly with the TF10/IE-40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back