UE Super.fi Owners, I need help.
Sep 16, 2006 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

utarch00

500+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of Super.fi EB's. I want to use foamies, but I find that the UE foamies do not Isolate enough. They do not seem big enough. When I pinch them to put them in my ears, they do no expand enough.

I have been trying to search to see if any other IEM brand foamies will fit the UE's. If anyone can offer suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 16, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 5
I say search up custom made foamies on the forum search.

As I remember it basically told you to take the tube out of your foamies, then poke a hole into some of those construction earplugs and jam in the tube.

Definitely best to find the real directions though.

Sep 16, 2006 at 7:00 PM Post #3 of 5
I haven't actually tested this with the foamies, but I think that any tips designed for the Shure E2c will work--I had customs made for my E2c's a few years back (this was pre-headfi), and recently, when I got my 5 pro's, I tried to see if they would fit on the tips of the UE's. They did (although I don't use them on the super.fi's, because it muffles the highs). Anyway, I'm assuming that the sound bore is the same size on the EB's as it is on the 5 pro's. Make sure that you get the tips for the E2's, not one of the other Shure IEM's, because the others all have much smaller sound bores. Hope that helps!

Sep 16, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by utarch00
I have a pair of Super.fi EB's. I want to use foamies, but I find that the UE foamies do not Isolate enough. They do not seem big enough. When I pinch them to put them in my ears, they do no expand enough.

I have been trying to search to see if any other IEM brand foamies will fit the UE's. If anyone can offer suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

I agree. The UE foams suck.
mad.gif
After a while the plastic in the inside front of the tips start sticking out a bit, and will poke your ears (very painfull, could lead to bleeding).

I'm using silicone now, but am having trouble maintaining a seal in my left ear. right ear is fine..

Sep 16, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #5 of 5
I used to use the foamies because I couldn't get a good seal in my right ear with the silicone tips.

However, after converting my super.fi's to the FS mod, it's a whole new world of fit, comfort and sound. Make sure you try it if you haven't already (see my sig for the link).

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back