UE Super.fi 5 vs 5EB
May 11, 2005 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ripfrankwhite

100+ Head-Fier
I am just wondering why the EB with the better bass is cheaper than the Pro? What makes the Pro cost more? I have the E3c and think they are great but I want something better. So I am gonna get the one of the new UE pairs. Either that or the E4c. Thanks.

May 11, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectroJunkie
i wonder if the pro will have enough bass?

I can't wait to find out!

May 11, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mediocrityohmy
i'm sure it will be a while before ue releases the two models. im thinking a summer release date would be realistic.

So nobody knows the release dates? That bites.

May 11, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ripfrankwhite
I am just wondering why the EB with the better bass is cheaper than the Pro? What makes the Pro cost more? I have the E3c and think they are great but I want something better. So I am gonna get the one of the new UE pairs. Either that or the E4c. Thanks.

the EB is supposed to have more bass. As is shown by the sony ex71's, koss plugs, etc, More bass does not necessarily equal Better bass. In fact, more bass often means less accurate, boomier bass. I would imagine the Pros have less quantity of, but more accurate, bass.

I would imagine that if you don't like the amount of bass on the e3c's, then you should go with the EB's as opposed to the pros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back