UE Super fi 5 pros with Comply Tips
Mar 12, 2008 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

frog

New Head-Fier
I ordered some of these a couple of weeks ago and they arived yesterday (i am in the UK)
Initial impressions are they seal much better than the silicon tips and although they feel different to the silicons at the moment, once i am used to the feeling i am sure they are as comfortable if not better.
Sound quality is markedly improved with midranges and bass more defined.
The only downside is there is no Uk dealer at the moment so replacements are gonna cost me $15 in postage everytime I order. It remains to be seen how long they last.
Overall a worthwhile mod in my mind though.

Sean

Mar 12, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by frog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only downside is there is no Uk dealer at the moment so replacements are gonna cost me $15 in postage everytime I order. It remains to be seen how long they last.
Overall a worthwhile mod in my mind though.

Sean

Since i didn't want to pay that insane amount of postage (btw. how does Comply ship them? For 15$ you should expect something faster than a few weeks...), i asked the ebay merchant idealsound, which offers free worldwide shipping on all sleeves they cary, if they will have them in stock soon. And gladly they will, but not until two months from now.

Mar 12, 2008 at 12:31 PM Post #3 of 6
$15 shipping is for US postal service mail. I can't believe that it covers the cost of shipping. Too high but there is no other supplier. If they turn out to be rubbish I'll not hold back on the criticism and I'll expect the contents to be mint!

Also if I don't like them I'll be happy to sell any remaining pairs (I ordered 5 in total) onto someone in the UK on a cost basis. Likewise I want to experiment with the small and medium shure black olive mods and will either buy a set of 5 and sell on remaining pairs or hope to find a spare myself.

Mar 13, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #4 of 6
Update on this.
I have been using these now for 24hrs and the comfort is definatly better than the silicons. The sound as I said before was much improved and I still stand by that.
To get 5 pairs sent over to the UK has cost me about £20(UK) so they ain't exactly a cheap mod but IMHO a worth while one.

Sean

Mar 13, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by riChchestMat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$15 shipping is for US postal service mail. I can't believe that it covers the cost of shipping. Too high but there is no other supplier. If they turn out to be rubbish I'll not hold back on the criticism and I'll expect the contents to be mint!

Also if I don't like them I'll be happy to sell any remaining pairs (I ordered 5 in total) onto someone in the UK on a cost basis. Likewise I want to experiment with the small and medium shure black olive mods and will either buy a set of 5 and sell on remaining pairs or hope to find a spare myself.

If you decide you don't want to keep all of them, I'll happily buy a pair or two off you
smily_headphones1.gif

(I'm in London too)

Mar 18, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #6 of 6
I received my Comply tips yesterday and put them on the sf5p's right away... aaaaahhh... so much more comfy than the standard rubber tips. The seal is absolutely excellent and I've been wearing them for 2.5 hours now. With the standard tips, I'd have been experiencing lots of discomfort by now. Now, my e500's have some wonderful in-ear company.
smily_headphones1.gif

I highly recommend these tips to anyone who is looking for more comfort out of their sf5p's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back