UE Super.fi 5 Pro
Mar 14, 2008 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

MVPlaya

100+ Head-Fier
I just received them today and I'm excited...however once question:

Are these good for hip hop music too?

Mar 14, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #2 of 12
yeah, they're real good! Got lots of impactful bass! From what i've heard, def one of the better IEMs for hip hop/rap.

Mar 14, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #3 of 12
Great...that's all I've been waiting for. Word of confidence... haha

Time to open them up...

ordered from earphonesolutions.com btw! Great shipping and price. Got the black ones...

Mar 14, 2008 at 7:13 AM Post #4 of 12
Congratulations on your purchase! The SF5 Pro are amazing. Don't make any harsh judgments right away, though.. listen to music through them for a few days or a week and they'll really sound better. Some might say it makes no difference, but I have had two exact same pairs of SF5 Pro gotten at different times that sounded better after a few days.

Mar 14, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations on your purchase! The SF5 Pro are amazing. Don't make any harsh judgments right away, though.. listen to music through them for a few days or a week and they'll really sound better. Some might say it makes no difference, but I have had two exact same pairs of SF5 Pro gotten at different times that sounded better after a few days.

Cool...They sound good but they can sound better.

Question, I'm using the iPod Touch... some people said they use the sound level attenuator to prevent the "hiss"? I don't hear hiss when music is actually on.

Mar 14, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #6 of 12
Yeah, with most IEMs, the sensitivity of them mixed with less than ideal sources leads to a background hiss. Lots of people complain about it, but I don't mind. With music playing, I can't hear it, and when I pause the music for longer than a minute or so I take the IEMs out anyway so it doesn't really matter. The hiss also turns off when the source is turned off too.

I wasn't too impressed when I first got my SF5 Pro, but after a few days of the IEMs breaking in and my brain getting used to the sound signature, I began to enjoy them more and more.

Mar 14, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #9 of 12
Like other IEMs, the super.fis need a good seal. If you like the foam style tips, you might check out the Comply T-400 tips. They're more comfortable and get a better seal, for me, than the supplied tips. Have fun...

Mar 14, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #10 of 12
Please do yourself a favour and try the shure olive foam mod! All you need to do is to carefully remove/cut the plastic tube on the UE foamies and the shure foamies and replace the Shure core with the UE core. It's quick, easy, no need for glue and they get so much more comfortable.

Mar 18, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by woopididi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congratulations :p
if you don't like the fit, try the flip mod:
Ultimate Ears - super.fi MOD

i guess i'm the only one here hated the flip mod but love the super-fi pro. i like to use the drivers for handling the phone. also i love using shure e2 foam. size medium on the left side and small one the right. i love them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back