UE Super.Fi.5 Pro
Jan 10, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #16 of 22
Super.Fi.5 Pro was my first step into this world of sound appreciation. Sure took some time to get used to them and even though I've owned them for a couple of years now, I often come to the conclusion that I shouldn't be moving around with these in my ears due the not very stable fit. But I guess my ears are a bit weired since I use different sizes of eartips in different ears =)

The sound is great, cant compare it to much though. Right now I'm using a 1:st gen Nano that has been Rockboxed (Rockbox - Open Source Jukebox Firmware). ROckbox lowers the hiss which is quite notisable in the default firmware and adds neat features like crossfeed and more advanced functions. That was a lite side track, but I really like the combination of super.pro fi 5 and a rockboxed nano.

Finally, one of the features I enjoy the most with these IEM is the noise isolation features which is pretty much preiceless at work or when traveling.

Jan 11, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #17 of 22
can you rap the cable around the ipod touch as i do this with my cx300 when not in use or is the cable to thick to do this ?

and is this true the Denon AH-C700, Shure SE310, FutureSonics Atrio M5, and Q-jays all sound as good as the Super.fi 5 Pros ???

Jan 11, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by da_ch0sen_1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the replies guys. Anyone have trouble with the thick cord? And is it possible to remove the flexable bit at the top, which is used when its worn over the ear. I've also read abit about the q-jays. They look very comfortable and they are tiny!

Concerning the cord: it is a bit thick, and slightly stiff, but this means it is durable. I've had mine for a while now, and in time the kinks will smooth themselves out.
As far as removing the flexible wire, I think it can be done. You'd probably need to cut a small slit at the top of the cord and slide it out somehow. personally, I like the bendable wire, and consider it a benefit over the Shures which have none. Super.fi's are more secure.

Jan 11, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by meridius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can you rap the cable around the ipod touch as i do this with my cx300 when not in use or is the cable to thick to do this ?

and is this true the Denon AH-C700, Shure SE310, FutureSonics Atrio M5, and Q-jays all sound as good as the Super.fi 5 Pros ???

Of course, the cable can be wrapped around an iPod. I do it every day. Sure, the cable is a bit thicker than most, but not as thick as Shure cables.
Never heard q-Jays for Future Sonics, but the Denon AH-C700, IMO, do not sound as "fun" as the Superfi's, in fact, the Denon's sound a bit harsh. Realistic, but a bit harsh.
the SuperFi 5's demolish the SE310s.

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by meridius /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, I believe that all of them are solid mid-level IEMs and choosing between them is a matter of personal preference, so ideally you should listen to all of them yourself before you buy to see which one will suit you best. I haven't heard the FutureSonics Atrio and the Q-Jays, but did listen to Shure SE310 and Denon AH-C700, so here are my impressions of these two IEMs compared to SF 5 Pros:

Shure SE310: definitely more neutral that SF 5 Pro, with more forward and detailed midrange and arguably more natural sounding bass (a bit less boomy) and highs (less splashy); thus the sound signature more suitable for a wider variety of music genres than SF 5 Pro; soundstage is not quite as wide as SF 5, but imaging is definitely better.

Denon AH-C700: I guess I heard them almost unused, because the bass was definitely a little boomy compared to UE SF 5 Pro and Shure SE310 (still WAYY tighter than on Senn CX300 though!), but people say that the lows should tighten up nicely after burn-in; the overall sound seemed a little dark because of the emphasis on bass, but enjoyable; the midrange sounded very realistic and definitely more defined and detailed than on SF 5 Pro, although not quite as neutral as Shure SE310 mid - more forward, which is especially noticeably with vocals, which really stand out; the treble detail is better than on SF 5 Pro and, I would say, about on par with Shure SE310; the overall sound is more refined than SF 5 Pro and the sound signature is also more suitable for wider variety of music types; also Denons have great soundstage and imaging for an IEM - better than SF 5 Pro and Shure SE310.

Hope this helps.

Jan 12, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #21 of 22
Just received the SF 5pro's and am extatic about the sound!! I upgraded from the IM716's, which I really like except for the POD, but can honestly say that the SF5's are superior in almost every way, IMHO. The wife is getting the 716's, and since she doesn't have anything to compare them to other than the standard Ipod buds, she is happier than a ........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back