UE Super fi 5 Pro vs Triple fi 10 Pro
May 12, 2008 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

p997tt

New Head-Fier
First of all, sorry if this comparison has been done before but I haven't been keeping up with headphones news and discussions in the past one year and a quick search gave me 1000 results (a quick skim of the first few pages didn't have what I wanted to find).

I have been using the UE Super fi 5 Pro for nearly 2 years now and just recently I became interested in getting a higher end triple driver IEM. I was going to wait for the Westone 3 to release so I can have more options (and I liked the UM2 which I used to own) but it looks like right now I can only choose between Shure and UE.

I have looked at the Shure SE530s, but they are too expensive for my budget so I guess my only option is the UE Triple fi 10 Pro. My question is, is it worth it to upgrade from the Super fi to the Triple fi? My DAP is an iPod Nano 3G, I have no intention of getting an amp and I mostly listen to pop and rock music.

Right now, at home I am using the Grado RS1. How do the Triple fi 10 Pros compare with the RS1? I know this is an unfair comparison and I am comparing different things, but I just want an idea.

If the upgrade to the Triple fi isn't worth it then I will just save some money, as I am also wanting to upgrade my home setup.

One last question, I still have 8 pairs of foam tips left for my Super fi. Will these tips fit on the Triple fi?

Thanks for any input!

May 12, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #4 of 4
If you search then there is a comparison of the two (written by me).

The Triple.Fi is totally worth it. I only use them out of my Classic's headphone out and they perform brilliantly. I also listen to a very wide variety of music, including a lot of rock.

You will be so pleased you got them when you listen to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back