UE Super fi 5 pro cord storage/durability
Aug 18, 2007 at 7:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

orfeo

Head-Fier
Hey all,

I recently replaced my old er6's which died with the UE Super fi pro which i'm pretty happy with. The one thing i'm concerned with is storing them in that small metal case, i have to wrap the cord around my fingers to get them in there and i'm worried that doing this over and over will ruin the cord. I know that its replacable (which is one reason i was drawn to them), but the cord on my er6s was a major downside of them and i want to avoid any problems with the UEs i've got now.

Has anyone else used the storage container for the super fi 5 pros for an extended amount of time? does the cord hold up after 1-2 yrs of wrapping and unwrapping?

thanks

orfeo

Aug 18, 2007 at 11:31 AM Post #2 of 4
I have custom ear-molds, a couple of alcohol wipes, and a 6" adaptor (for my iPhone). It all fits in the case, though I have to make sure the ear-molds are facing in the right direction. Have been using and storing this way for several months (adaptor for only 2 months) with no problems.

Aug 18, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #3 of 4
It should be fine, I've actually never used the case with my superfis (though now I do with my triplefis), and just wrapped it around my iPod. Never had a problem with the cord.

Plus, it anything gives, UE will most definitely replace it with no charge. And plus you are using the supplied case.

Aug 18, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #4 of 4
I have been using the supplied case for over a year without any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back