ue super.fi 5 pro color
Jan 28, 2007 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hartofalyon

New Head-Fier
just picked up a pair and noticed that the housing is slightly purple-ish/black and the wires are clear. i thought they were suppose to be all black? also, any way to tell if these are newer batches that does not crack?

thanks.

Jan 29, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 5
I'm pretty sure all models now ship with the clear cable, regardless of earpiece color. I had my black Super.fi 5 Pros replaced under warranty due to cracking, and the new pair I received had the clear cable. When I inquired about the color change, they said they were going for a more "professional" look. Personally, I don't think there's anything professional-looking about cables that don't match the driver housing. If I had known about the clear cables before sending in my black ones for warranty, I would have asked if they could replace it with clear earpieces, as well. But really, that's just a personal preference, and cable color doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. So far, I've had no cracking issues with the new earpieces, so I'm glad they are a little sturdier.

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #4 of 5
Yeah, there was a special edition run of certain snazzy colors. Your copy is legit, because I saw it before; forgot what model color name it was though, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back