UE Super.fi 5 owner has a question
Mar 26, 2009 at 5:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

stevo937

New Head-Fier
So I've had these gems for about a year now and love them. In fact, I am listening to them right now! Anyways, what kind of after market tips do you guys recommend for these?

Also, is it worth getting an amp for these?

Mar 26, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #2 of 6
You could get a FiiO E5 for $20 from dealextreme, and at that price, you don't really have to worry about it being worth it or not, its only $20. Best way to find out is to try it yourself. It does have a bass boost, so if you feel like they lack a bit in the bass that might appeal to you.
I don't have the SF5 myself, so I can't comment on the tips, but if they are as comfortable as they are reported to be, other tips (maybe even customs) might not be needed.

Mar 26, 2009 at 11:01 AM Post #3 of 6
I use only the comply foam because the others is not fit me very well. I fell really comfortable
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could get a FiiO E5 for $20 from dealextreme, and at that price, you don't really have to worry about it being worth it or not, its only $20. Best way to find out is to try it yourself. It does have a bass boost, so if you feel like they lack a bit in the bass that might appeal to you.
I don't have the SF5 myself, so I can't comment on the tips, but if they are as comfortable as they are reported to be, other tips (maybe even customs) might not be needed.

They are the hardest things for me to wear for an extended period. I love the sound, but dislike the comfort.

And I'd love to try shure olive tips, but I lost my damn foam tips so I will have to buy some more of those. But thanks for the suggestion.

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #6 of 6
I'm guessing you mean the Super fi 5 Pros?

I found that the complys gave me the best comfort (still ain't much mind you, considering we're talking Super fi 5 Pro's here), but the bundled foamies gave me the best all around sound. As for amping, you won't really need them for these and for amps like Fiios, it won't help much with SQ (what it really needs more of is with mids and Fiio's aren't going to help alot with that) and may make things too hissy as SF5P's are of low impedence

Users who are viewing this thread

Back