UE Super.Fi 5 EB and Pro: Feel of the bass.
Jun 20, 2005 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hksludge

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone, My first Post. Yay!

With the UE Super.fi range. I've got the ety er6i's running on my iPod Photo, and really miss the presence of the bass that my old sony ex71's delivered. The bass is definitely much cleaner on the ety's but I'm missing the sensation of air movment that the sony's provided with the bass. - That feeling of air pressure or in my ear canals. Its like another dimension of the music has been lost, kind of like hearing bassy sound from speakers, with out the impact of a subwoofer, if you know what I mean.

How does the bass from the EB and Pro versions of the UE Super.fi's feel? I've read from another post that the 5 Pro moves air, does the EB move more?

Also, what kind of bass does the EB's provide? I'd expect it wouldn't be as crisp as the Pro with the armature driver, but how much looser is it? Is it anywhere as sloppy as EX71?

Comparing to my Ety's, I am wondering how much difference there would be across the whole dynamic range of sound. I've grown to love the ety's for its apparent detail in mids and highs, but really miss the low end. Thinking of upgrading to the EB at the moment, to be my main portable headphones. What do you guys suggest?

Jun 20, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #2 of 3
I'll be doing a full review later in the week but from the quick listen I got with the EB's I'd say it's a lot more bass. Still, it's fairly tight. I've certainly heard worse.

Compared to the Etys, you're going to have a shift in tonal balance. In the Etys, the emphasis is on treble, then mids with bass being very light. With either of the UE's you'll find that the balance is flip flopped. Even on the Pro, the larger emphasis is on the bass region with mids remaining strong. The treble is still there and extension is good but it is not emphasised particularly when compared to the bass and mids.

BTW, welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2005 at 5:10 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
BTW, welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

.............and sorry about your wallet (you forgot the most important part of the traditional greeting)
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back