UE Super Fi 4 or Klispch S4
Dec 17, 2009 at 4:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

I3eyond

500+ Head-Fier
I want something with a sound signature most similar to the Alessandro MS-1s. Suggestions?

Apr 4, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #3 of 5
I've never tried what you want the sound signature to sound like, but I've owned both. Klipsch image can be harsh on the ears and has somewhat dry bass. The superfi 4's bass is much richer, however, the mid-bass hump is located much further up the spectrum. Also keep in mind the range numbers. 20-15,000 Hz or 10-20,000 Hz. Here's the other thing, I don't trust those numbers. If UE makes CUSTOM headphones that only go to 16 KHz, then universal fit will probably be exaggerating. Maybe they can handle that tone, not necessarily safely though. I trust a worse numbers over better numbers

Apr 5, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 5
It's definately not the S4's. I have not heard the UE's.

The s4's have a ton more bass than the MS1. The MS1 is also way brighter. The sound is 180 degree different IMO..

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #5 of 5
people claim that the superfis are brighter. I don;t know how much I agree. Guitar work sounded heavier and more prominent, bass seemed better, albeit quieter. My only gripe is from time to time I have detail issues with the superfi 4 where a complicated bass line is met with low vocals and they blend. There are two songs I know of that do this, "Now is the time" by dope and "free will sacrifice" by amon amarth. If someone else could try those songs on another pair of headphones, preferably REALLY high end headphones and tell me what you get I would appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back