UE super.fi 3 vs Harman Kardon EP720
Oct 21, 2008 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FaScO

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, glad to be joining this forum. My first post, so please be patient.

I am looking to buy a pair of IEMs which reproduce good bass. I have purchased Shure SE210, used them for a week, and found that the bass is not quite what I am looking for even though the mids and highs were fantastic in comparison to other "default" earphones I owned before.

I am now looking into UE Super.fi 3 and Harman Kardon EP720. I can get both for $100CAD each. I need some advice on which ones to pick. I even considered super.fi 5 EB but don't know if they are worth extra $100CAD. I am also open to other suggestions. I might even buy both from Futureshop and try them out but it would be better to get some opinions first.

I mostly listen to Trance(ATB, Armin, van Dyk, Tiesto, etc), Drum&Bass(Chem. Bros, Pendulum, etc), Alternative+Garage Rock(Raconteurs, The Killers, Wolfmother, etc), and older bands like Queen. I prefer foam tips if that matters.

Oct 21, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 5
I have found another contender. Considering that there is no difference in price, which one should I get:
1. Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 3
2. Harman Kardon EP720
3. Westone UM1

p.s. I found out that the super.fi 5 EB are "huge" and stick out of the ears too much, so I decided to cross them out. 5 Pro are way to expensive.

Oct 21, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 5
Does anyone know if in comparison to the SE210s the UM1s have more, less, or the same bass? I found that SE210 produces less bass than what I am looking for unless I increase the volume to above 60% on an Ipod. But then, it gets a bit too loud. I would even settle for bass comparison with the apple earphones. Hopefully someone with UM1s can comment on them.

edit
PhoxHound, I see you own Custom 1s. Maybe you have used SE210(or even ipod earphones), how are they in comparison?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back