UE Super.fi 3 Tip -> IM716 Mod
Dec 21, 2007 at 9:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

johnanderson

100+ Head-Fier
All thats needed is 1/8" tubing and a UE tip. Just thread the tubing through the hole of the tip and apply to the iem. Most comfortable tip I have experienced considering that my ear canals are freakishly small. This comes after destroying a ton of DIY foam tips that were either too big or didn't isolate enough.

SQ wise I noticed that it opened up the highs so much that I had to turn them down on my X5. It might be because the barrel of the tubing is wider than the tri-flanges I was using before. Bass and everything else is pretty much the same as far as I can tell.

101_0008.jpg

Dec 21, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #2 of 4
OH, man. I really need to try. BTW, where can you buy the 1/8" tube?

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanderson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All thats needed is 1/8" tubing and a UE tip. Just thread the tubing through the hole of the tip and apply to the iem. Most comfortable tip I have experienced considering that my ear canals are freakishly small. This comes after destroying a ton of DIY foam tips that were either too big or didn't isolate enough.

SQ wise I noticed that it opened up the highs so much that I had to turn them down on my X5. It might be because the barrel of the tubing is wider than the tri-flanges I was using before. Bass and everything else is pretty much the same as far as I can tell.

101_0008.jpg

Dec 21, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by maclion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OH, man. I really need to try. BTW, where can you buy the 1/8" tube?

yeah, b/c i wanna do this to my ety's, that would be joy if i could find it...

Dec 21, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 4
I ordered my tubing from mcmaster carr for something other than this and luckily I had it around, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it. I'm pretty sure you can get this tubing from pet stores. I'm not sure if local hardware stores carry it but if they do I'm certain itll be pretty cheap since you don't need that much. As for the UE tips I think you can get them on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back